Author: twchinese

China is in the position to redefine world order [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-5 05:01:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by twchinese at 2006-2-9 03:55
For decades now the pan-European west has been telling the rest the world what to do. The west has benefited from armed conflicts throughout the rest of the world, many of which were stirred up by  ...

When reading the posting of Twchinese called “China is in the position to redefine world order” I think there are some misperceptions of European and American policies around the world.

The article starts with saying that the Western world is telling the others on this planet what to do. Unfortunately twchinese doesn’t give any argument to found his statement. First at all during the cold war, the Soviet Union, China, and many other countries didn’t do what the west told them to do. As a matter of fact they did the opposite. And I can guarantee you: it was also before the second world war.

Next to this the writer makes his argument without respect to history and Chinese foreign policy. Historically, because those countries were granted independence very quickly after the second world war. Even if those countries weren’t ready to become independent, they were became independent and had to live on foreign aid, which sometimes came from the communistic countries and sometimes from the west.  That a large proportion of aid was used to buy arms. Take the fact that China is one of the largest weapon exporting nation in the world, you can guess where those countries has bought their weapons.

The argument that the problems aren’t a white mans’ burden is unfounded. In western world finaly got some peace after the world was carved up in a western and a red zone in the treaty of Jalta.  Before that the western world had a lot of wars. Next to that the balance of armed power shifted and the time of easy colonial warfare was over. A lot of white people died in Korea, Vietnam, Beiroet, Indonesia etc. It’s not because white people didn’t came from those countries, but they lay in the front line of the cold war (which I sincerely regret).

Furthermore the auteur says that the justifies unfairness in the world by their illusion of the “freedom of speech”. He adds to it that this illusion is been created by false sense of economic security. That’s a odd remark, when he first writes that in the “white” world there is no conflict or trouble.
Economic security can only be achieved by protecting property rights, intellectual rights and a transparent system. I don’t understand why that is an illusion in the west.
The writer also said that people in Europe are blaming minorities for the apparent illusion. Why and how isn’t explained, just the suggestion. In the west you can say everything you want as long as you don’t lie or insult others. If you are insulated or be lied at, you can go to court and demand satisfaction. Let me remind the writer that newspapers are independent from governments and cannot influence what papers write. The cartoons cannot be blamed on the Danish government.

To finish my argument I appreciate the writer to give his opinion on international matters and that he is aware of the fact that China should grant more (religious) freedom to it’s people. Although, I don’t understand the relation between religious freedom and the integrity of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 01:10:24 |Display all floors

mroest needs to read more

There are a lot of links and connections that mroest doesn't see. Mroest has a simplistic view of world affairs, which fits perfectly well to what I mentioned in my previous post about how some people choose not to know certain facts not because it's not there because they simply don't want to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 04:40:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by twchinese at 2006-3-8 01:10
There are a lot of links and connections that mroest doesn't see. Mroest has a simplistic view of world affairs, which fits perfectly well to what I mentioned in my previous post about how some peo ...

That's easy to say. Give me the facts not the soft talk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 10:51:08 |Display all floors
Do you know why there are so many people aroung the world hate the USA ? There must be a reason. The reason is that the USA is doing all the evil things purely for its own good but keep on telling people they are the angles to save the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 21:07:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by baersworth at 2006-3-8 10:51
Do you know why there are so many people aroung the world hate the USA ? There must be a reason. The reason is that the USA is doing all the evil things purely for its own good but keep on telling  ...

Just to hate isn't good and thinking only emotionaly will blind you to see the roots and solutions. You said "are doing all evil things". What kind of things? When did they do so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-14 02:26:03 |Display all floors

mroest

Mroest, if you read my post on top of the 2nd page, I gave a number of examples. Alternatively, you can read about them in www.worldpolicy.org and www.amnesty.org and www.controlarms.org. To start with, you may read about the French and Belgian "contribution" in the Rwanda genocide.

If you are still not convinced, go to Denmark, France, Germany, or Belgium, with two sets of flyers. The first shows a cartoon of Mohammed the Prophet as a suicide bomber, just like how it's depicted in the Denish Jyllad Posten. On the second set of flyers, draw a Nazi soldier kneeling on the ground with a Rabbi holding a gun to his head. Now, start distributing these flyers and see which one gets banned first! Chances are you probably won't even have to wait that long before some white supremist beats you up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-14 13:40:44 |Display all floors
You said "are doing all evil things". What kind of things? When did they do so?
============================================================
You can simply ask the people who protest agaist Bush wherever he goes.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.