Author: evapapa

a proper gift for a chinese family [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-18 16:56:54 |Display all floors

eva

i am fully a chinese. sensitive? am i? i' m not sure. i just enjoy helping others out and being helped.
well, about the couple,  what the presents are supposed to be sent? that is a question, you must answer by yourself when you have got the sense or intuition. my dear friend.
i cant tell the concrete gifts since i am not your friends to be visited. as a matter of fact, all the creatures on the living earth are almost the same apart  from the culture and culture.
or better, why not ask your friends what kinds of things they are expecting to have? or what do they lack awfully in the daily life.
oh, one more recommendation, you sweet smile is one of the best presents to them no matter what happen to you.
Good luck, and you are full-time welcomed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 18:32:48 |Display all floors
Good ideas! I am not Chinese, but I think those who say you should give something native to your homeland are probably correct. For example, I am from Australia so I gave some of my Chinese friends a few plush (soft toy) Kangaroos for the children, and some macadamia nuts and nice Australian wine for the adults. Also, I heard using red wrapping paper is considered good luck in China? Is this true?

By the way, I think just the fact that you were considerate enough to bring a gift will probably mean more than the gift itself - it shows that you were thinking of them.

Jonathan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.