Author: sinoindo

For Indian Music Fans [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-11 17:58:46 |Display all floors

Opps

I searched some web and found that saree is to really wrap the body, no sewing. 6 feet cloth to wrap around the body. Am I right, sinoindo?

Well, thank you for your kind offer to show how to wear saree to me. I didn't expect a male to teach me this, because last time I asked one indian male friend that whether he had seen his mother / sister put on saree, he got pretty angry at me. I guessed I had done some inappropriate. If he happened to see this thread, I'd say soorry again to him.

I guess I won't mention about saree until I meet an indian women friend. Any here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-11 18:20:38 |Display all floors
Well surely if you ask some one a question like the one you asked he will not feel hapy but ,there are things which are so intergral part of culture that even if you don't do it yourself ,you know how to do it....
Well , you are correct ,Saree is not stitched...it has a particular way of wrapping it ,giving some plates in front and then finally putting one portion on one of your shoulder( usually your left shoulder).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-11 19:44:15 |Display all floors

YOU NOT A TRUE INDIAN LOVER!!!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-11 23:58:29 |Display all floors

Saree

Here's a site with some interesting information on the saree, as well as a little video on how to wear it:

http://puja.com/sari/wear/wear.htm#

It's a Quicktime video, and you may need to download Quicktime (free from www.Apple.com site) before you can view it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 08:48:58 |Display all floors
Indian music is so ugly, how can you.... bbrbr

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 12:53:03 |Display all floors

Saree length

Just a quick clarification regarding the length of the saree. The daily wear saree is normally 6 yards in length, or 18 feet long, and not 6 feet. It is usually made of cotton or synthetic materials.

The saree worn on important occasions like weddings and some festivals is 9 yards in length, or 27 feet long, made of silk, and has borders with gold or silver threads.

Regarding "ugliness" of Indian music, note that Indian music is not just one kind of music. There are so many different kinds of music in India: classical, light, folk, pop, devotional, dance, regional varieties, etc. Even within classical music, you have two main forms: North Indian and South Indian. All these kinds of music have their own followers. What you hear in China is just one kind of pop, something that not everyone in India loves or listens to.

[ Last edited by changcheng at 2006-2-12 12:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 17:32:24 |Display all floors

i need u r help

can u send me any link on which i can watch indian video songs etc

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.