Author: lunafils

Freedom? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-16 12:01:27 |Display all floors

re:

Originally posted by petersho at 2006-2-14 00:41
Why don't you stop them since they limit your freedom? You have power to stop them. One of the reasons that foreigners think Chinese are oppressed is that we don't know how to protect our freedom.  ...

Why no one stops them -

1.Most Chinese have poor english and are not up to that standard to use words to stop them.
2.The consequences of using physical action against a foreigner, not only be in trouble with the government of China but also the foreigner's government.
3.The Chinese respect the Foreigners as educated and civilized people.
4.Chinese won't actually do anything unless it is directly harming themselves.
5.The foreigners are probably alot bigger in size compared to your average Chinese.
6.Your average Chinese native would not be causing this kind of nuisance in public and so do not know how to deal with this.

It's lunch time so I keep it short! see you!
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 20:54:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by devilman at 16-2-2006 04:01

Chinese won't actually do anything unless it is directly harming themselves.

Isn't that rather short-sighted? After all who's not to say they won't be affected if something isn't challenged today? Better to do something while you're ok than wait for you to be the one "up sh*t creek without a paddle", as it were.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.