Author: tianyuanedu

Should China ban smoking in public places where minors might be present? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-13 14:30:57 |Display all floors
"also i'm sure one smoke won't harm you"
are you a smoker alex? if so, you must remember feeling terrible after your first cigarette.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 17:28:10 |Display all floors

Why?

Why would I ever be interested in smoking? Smoking kills ... and not just the smokers are affected ...

This argument can go on for ever but my position will never change. I look forward to smoking bans in my country and other countries.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 18:01:29 |Display all floors

i don't really wanna go into discussing my habits

but i've never felt terrible after a smoke
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 18:11:32 |Display all floors

Umm, pinko7

You don't know what is happening inside you .... Smoke-related damage can take time to manifest itself. Sometimes it can then be too late ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 18:20:01 |Display all floors

mr guitar

you sound like tv propaganda
where everything is "can take time" "can be too late" "may cause damage" "may be harmful" "if we had stronger evidence we may use firmer words"
the risk of smoking is over-played as much as it was underplayed in ye olde days...the fact is that many people smoke constantly from 15 yoa and still live long and healthily, plus they're doing what they enjoy which should earn them respect

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 18:50:08 |Display all floors

"i don't really wanna go into discussing my habits"

you seem a bit defensive.... anyway, my point is most people feel nauseous when they first try a cigarette since they're not used to all the toxins and chemicals in tobacco smoke.

[ Last edited by otis22 at 2006-2-13 06:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 18:54:15 |Display all floors

yeah, understood

i'm not really defensive
and i purposely haven't said one way or the other if i smoke or not...because people are judgemental, and won't judge my points on the issue objectively - the same way they're probably judging mr guitar's since he is staunchly anti-smoke

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.