Author: tianyuanedu

Should China ban smoking in public places where minors might be present? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-7 19:07:51 |Display all floors

education doesnt work

just my opinion...

when i was in high school, we were asked to attend some exbihitions that about the harm of smoking, also sometimes drugs... those pics of dark lungs and terrible data of the death rate of the smokers...really shocked us, girls actually. after that, the smokers in our class still smoke. they wont give up just because of some pics, some data or some advice...
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 19:58:23 |Display all floors

no

smokers should be free to smoke without being ostracised...however they should be polite and not smoke on others

very good issue for debate
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 20:31:35 |Display all floors

Pinko7 ...

That would be fine if smoking was a private thing ...

What gives a smoker the right to inflict their chosen mode of slow suicide on others? I am in support of private smoking i.e. in their own homes and cars. Why should I have to hold my breath when walking past a smoker?

If smoking was invented today (and it was not a legacy of historical times) would any government allow it?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 21:24:22 |Display all floors
this is kinda a moral issue, I hope everyone smoker could do this, but I still don't wish it to be the result of governmental policy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 07:11:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by squalt at 2006-2-7 21:24
this is kinda a moral issue

So is murder, no?
So ought the government decriminalise murder because it's a moral issue?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 07:28:20 |Display all floors

tmphgt

governments allow smoking because they get big tax dollars from it...plus if they banned 1. people would be pissed...and 2. people would ignore the law...victoria is banning smoking at bus and train shelters....is anyone gonna worry about the law?...no!...if the only problem is the split second you walk past someone smoking...then i think you should be a lot more worried about the other pollution in the air....smokers should not smoke on non-smokers...but it shouldn't be a law...just a social norm...it just sucks that when smokers go out to see a gig or something they're often not allowed to smoke...and not allowed pass-outs!
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 08:11:12 |Display all floors

Your right to smoke stops at my nostrils.

In that case, maybe smokers could be allowed to chew. ;)
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.