Author: windycityusa

What qualities does a woman look for in a man? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-7 13:31:55 |Display all floors
Ok Otis, you've got "silly".
And you have an ability to be faithful and commit, because you have been here long enough to reach 500 posts.
I think you must be honest, because you admitted you are lacking in many of the qualities we mentioned, and that also makes you humble, not a pompous idiot.

So I think you're further along than you gave yourself credit for.
Oh, and you are obviously intelligent enough to use the computer.
And you are either:
A - responsible because you have a job that allows you to afford a computer with internet
or
B - resourceful because you are somehow using someone else's computer with internet.

And I think I saw you in the "charming" thread, so you must be charming as well..... Otis, you're starting to sound like quite a catch!!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:36:21 |Display all floors
"when he asked why, she said, "I don't date Asian guys." She also said he was too short."

The first half has it...

The guy's chances are pretty much "dead on arrival" with the first half of her reasoning; after that, he can be as tall as Yaoming and it wouldn't have mattered.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:45:54 |Display all floors
stable and decent job, honest,confident,humour,love heart

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:50:45 |Display all floors
observer -
yeah, that's weird. I don't see how poeple can make such over-simplified judgements. Maybe she didn't like him personally, and just said that as an excuse so that his feelings would be less hurt. Come to think of it, I'd be hurt if someone said to me "I don't date white women", but... maybe I wouldn't be hurt.... I'd be taken aback. And I'd immediately think "Well then I wouldn't WANT to date that kind of person anyway!" and any crush I had on him would dissolve instantly. Faster than my vegetable bullion cubes in boiling water! (I'm silly tonight)

Otis -
Otis, my man.... my main man.... hey.... otismeister, the Oatey-oat Otisssss..... you can't fool me!!!
HA!!!! I saw you in another thread.... you're intelligent too, and you KNOW it!

And that means another THREE points for humble.......!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:56:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-2-7 13:50
observer -
yeah, that's weird. I don't see how poeple can make such over-simplified judgements. Maybe she didn't like him personally, and just said that as an excuse so that his feelings would be ...

It's not so strange actually. There're plenty of Asians who won't date Asians, caucasians who won't date other caucasians, Hispanics who won't date other Hispanics... etc. It happens moer often with the younger crowd of, say,  early 20s and under. A lot of them are only interested in cross-racial dating. I live in a heavily Latin city, and I know a lot of Latinas who won't date Latinos and vice versa.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 14:09:31 |Display all floors
oh freaky, you're such a sweety thanks for restoring my self-confidence if you weren't so far away I'd.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 14:13:17 |Display all floors
maybe it's not strange but it's strange she told him directly and that will hurt him...empty-minds make over-simplified judgements..I get used to an Asain face but I will not tell a foreiger I wont date with him coz he has not an Asian face. Maybe he is a good guy who knows if you havent tried?...God creats peoples of different appearences .. that's not his foult..it's our..human beings like to judge people by their skin color and etc.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.