Author: windycityusa

What qualities does a woman look for in a man? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-7 11:48:44 |Display all floors
hehe would like to add something:

don't have too high requirements, or you will never FIND a man or STAY with a man ^^"
'also accept yourself and your own good/bad things before asking it from someone else'
fairness  

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-2-7 11:49 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:32:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:48:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:57:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-2-7 11:16
I need a guy who is:

honest
affectionate
intelligent
creative
silly
reliable
considerate

That's off the top of my head.

PS - I also like Windy's - compassionate, comforting

well I've got the silly part.... I guess I'll have to work on the rest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:00:36 |Display all floors
I like...
-Intelligence
-Sense of humor
-At least a moderate interest in things I'm interested in
-Courtesy/respectfulness/"a gentleman"
-Ambition (but not so much he has no time for me!)
-Ability to unwind and be goofy (unlike my boyfriend's roommate, who acts 45 though he's only 22)
-Trustworthiness

I also find guys who are more extroverted than me to be good for me, since I'm naturally a bit of an introvert; this balances things out and makes sure I still have contact with more people besides him and my normal circle of friends. Guys who have healthy relationships with their family are good--not total devotion to them, but no "I hate my father" stuff. Physically, I'm not too picky, but the guy has to be decent-looking; for height, a guy who is taller than me is ideal, but since I'm on the tall end of things (5'9"), I'm fine with someone who's a little shorter.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night--Taiwanese by birth, but grew up in the US. He said he recently was rejected by a girl; when he asked why, she said, "I don't date Asian guys." She also said he was too short. Problem is, she was Asian and short, and my guy friend is taller than me! Boy, some people...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:06:42 |Display all floors

Give it a rest girls....

I'm starting to fell inadequate here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 13:15:33 |Display all floors
Don't worry, otis, most of this stuff is pretty easy. Do you have any special areas of interest academically? Do you have goals, like a certain career path or becoming well-versed in a particular subject? Can you be punctual; if not, can you call and tell me? If we go to a stand-up comedy show, will you laugh and not be horribly offended? If you could answer yes to all of these plus a few more, that would probably get you past round #1, at least with me. The lists look long, but most of these are fairly abstract qualities that most people have in one form or another. It's when girls start writing material or physical things in abundance that the situation starts going downhill (a few things, like "enough money to live respectably well" and "cell phone" are reasonable at this point in time).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.