Author: wchao37

Should we allow Christianity to make penetrating POLITICAL inroads in China?  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-7 12:13:36 |Display all floors

This is why he is Don Quijote and not Don Corleone

How do we know Jesus was jewish?

Four reasons:

1)  He lived at home until he was 35.
2)  He went into his fathers business.
3)  He thought his mother was a virgin.
4)  His mother thought he was a god.

Yesterday I became a Jehova's Witness. Not because of the religion but
so they would stop comming to my house.

One day God came down from heaven and came to the Pope.  God looked at the
Pope and said, "Do not be afraid, this is just a little survey I take of
all the Popes.  The first question I have of you is do you think that
Priests will ever be able to get married?"

The Pope answered "Ah, no, not in my life time."

God said, "Okay, the next question is: Do you think there should be women
priests?"

God said, "Okay, my last question is: Do you think the Roman Catholic
church should approve birth control?"

God said, "Okay, thank you very much for your time." and he turned and
started to leave when the Pope said, "Lord, may I ask you one question?"

God turned to the Pope and said, "Sure, you answered mine, what would you
like to know?"

The Pope said, "As you know I am very patriotic and I was wondering if
there would ever be another Polish pope?"

God answered "Ah, no, not in my life time."  

Q. Why do Jews have such big noses ?

A. Air is free ...

Q. What did Adam say to Eve ?

A. You'd better stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:35:07 |Display all floors

I told you Calimero is a Dane who draws cartoons for a living

He said:

USEFUL PHRASES TO KNOW WHEN
                      TRAVELING IN MUSLIM AREAS

AKBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOFTAN.
   Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun.

FEKR GABUL GARDAN DAVAT PAEH GUSH DIVAR.
   I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the
   floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.

SHOMAEH FEKR $$OMEH OEH GOFTEH BANDE.
   I agree with everything you have ever said or thought in your life.

AUTO ARRAREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPAHEH-HAST.
   It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk
   of your car.

FASHAL-EH TUPEHMAN NA DEGAT MANO GOF$$ CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARA
JEBEHKESHVAREHMAN.
   If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages
   I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

KHREL, JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRIKAHEY.
   I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies
   traveling as reporters.

BALLI, BALLI, BALLI!
   Whatever you say!

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH, GHORBAN.
   The red blindfold would be lovely, excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELLEH BEZORG VA KHRUBE BOYAST INO BEGERAM.
   The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you.  I must
   have the recipe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:36:31 |Display all floors

rilzic reels along just fine

Where Did Dinosaurs Come From?"

well you can not say their is not a creator! can you? something started everything right? i think so!

well anyway whatever god it was created our laws of phyics and all the ways the universe works right?

why he picked this way for things to work? hell if i know!

but he did so.  If you are going to make something like a universe and phisics why not make a past to go with it?

If your going to make a past why not make it one that could exist with the laws you have already made?

so what i'm geting at is when your dealing with something as powerful as a god i don't think  saying Dinosaurs were here first is a good arguement to say he is not real. he could very well have put them there just so our system nowdays looks like it makes sense. Why? hell if i know.

But if god is god then the past and present and future don't really matter he could have made anything... and the worst part is he could have done it for any reason as well.

you never really have a good arguement against god, him or her or i like to think of god as a blue goat with big shoes but the only argument is a good old WHY!!! thats all you can ask and it is all that matters is WHY!! Why this. Why that. Why anything at all.

This is the part of dao or is it tao whatever that i like it says you will never know why so stop trying to get it or you will die trying.

You can't disprove religion only can you say that it is very very very very unlikely to be true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:37:28 |Display all floors

And.....

oh, ya and about why it's coming to china i say poo

as a stupid american as we all are right ... i think that you chinese people will lose something great and beyond any western religion if you don't get rid of this stupid athist thing and get back to your roots in taoism (i think you guys spell it way different then americans but what i'm saying is daoism) anyway i would love to see china rise to great power under daoist leadership.  not the religion of daoism but the basics at least.

along story short if you guys already had daoism and confusous why the hell are you messing around with our backward western religion.

which we lost anyway after that guy jesus died the jews have a good thing going that most people know little of judism is very different then most people know of it.

i'll stop before i go on forever

i am a man without religion right now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:38:40 |Display all floors

Jack jacked it up

The Purpose?

Good rilzic!

I have some difficulty with religions that seem to personify a thing, I reckon. I get in trouble with the Christians when I go here, but here I go again ...

Whatever you want to call it, I think of it is a force -- pardon my scientific bias please! It can be defined as the Power Source?

If Einstein was right, and God doesn't play with dice, and randomness and chaos are neither, as is furthered by some more modern Mathematical and Physical postulates, then how was it all put together?

OK, so they didn't know about all the things we do, back when the theologists groped for explanations to their surroundings. It doesn't mean that what they wanted to tell us was wrong, they just lacked good information and apparently their imagination filled in too many gaps -- sounds very typical of how the mind operates, always forcing a relationship! That leaves a lot of religion stuck in an old out-dated and ignorant position, which is indefensible, in today's age of knowledge, I think.

A scientific approach, maybe? -- don't be so afraid, follow me: Some Physicists have extended the idea of quantum theory to include harmonic levels of existence, which is a natural extrapolation of the natural law. (Another set of worlds, with simultaneous moments of existence -- they get heavy into possibilities, once they come to the notion of jumping energy levels or shells).

Natural Law has provided similar rational themes throughout the creation and exploration of life. The real truth is much more intricate, complex, rational, detailed and more interestingly beautiful, than any man has ever written -- in fact, man could not have written it, because we don't even have it all sorted out!

Which brings me to this point -- is your mind really capable of encompassing the vision or notion of something that is beyond its ability to understand, much less describe? The force of God must be power. Omnipotent!

And, if omnipotent, then omnipresent and omniscient as well! But what do we know of what God might or might not be thinking? Can we really ask another man? -- and, why should we?

So, then, we study that power -- what are its patterns and themes? Is it a single source? Does it have intent and purpose?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:41:51 |Display all floors

SteveO again

You really should change your screen name to Ah Q....

Late last night and the night before,
         Tommyknockers, Tommyknockers,
                knocking at the door.
I want to go out, don't know if I can,
         'cause I'm so afraid
           of the Tommyknocker man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 12:43:41 |Display all floors

Jack returns

Thank you Steve0.

I will get around to reading your overly long essay when I get a long moment or two or three or four or five.

HA canchin, serves us right -- long essays for long essays. I will have to find my glasses!

Maybe, I will let you in on all these lower level Gods and their greedy hold on the lesser enlightened, when I get a chance. These psuedo-Gods will have their hands full holding off our Martian invasion before long -- they are about to loose their following, do you know?

Maybe I will tell you a story of how the good hearts of the Vikings abandoned their Gods and their God's War on the Judeo-Christain God, and who was winning, and why the Vikings abandoned this perpetual banging of good vs. evil.

Whatever can be said of the present Judeo-Christain religion, the fact remains, they have harvested a bloodthirsty group of killers who take the name of their God into War, not unlike the nuts in other religions.

If you want to know the truth, you are born with full qualifications; the question is, do you have the guts and the s$$ina to take the time and listen to your heart?

Whatever, you call it, the force of life is the essence of us all and it dwells within, it is our spark of life -- and therein lies the answers to the truths you should know.

The outer grumblings are only contemplations for one to learn and understand the pattern and the weave, listen to the ideas, but don't be stupid and gullible to believe the words of men, listen instead to your heart, it is that simple, one really doesn't need all the mumble jumble.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.