Author: bensun

whether or not give money to beggars [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-11 15:53:09 |Display all floors
I have seen some beggers when I visit Houston last year. they occupied the crossing, when car drivers waited for green light, they would ask money. Too dangerous.

Use magic tools Report

hanlei has been deleted
Post time 2006-4-19 10:56:12 |Display all floors

yes

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 13:29:51 |Display all floors
This kind of social phenomenon can be in many cities, esp large city. Little boy or girl became beggars really reflect some kind of disorder to our daily lifes. But what can we do? We cannot solve this problem. It should be emphasized by relating government department.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 15:03:11 |Display all floors

no , i wont

the little begger is inculpable and his parents give him the suffering

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 15:32:31 |Display all floors
Everyone has self-esteem.If they can support their basic livelihood,they wil not descard their prides to beg for others .So don't care about others'criticism or uncomprehension ,just do what you want to .It means a kind of deep love for the poor but not means we give them  sympathy.we give them one or two coins bacause we really wanna help them,we want them to be happay.Not just for satisfying our guity heart!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 17:12:04 |Display all floors
One guy was so aggressive in his pan handling that we almost got in a fight. He was in his early twenties and was of healthy body.
I told him that he was welcome to try and rob me, but I'd be damned if I was giving him money for nothing.
In an industrial nation there is no reason for an able bodied youth to beg.
You want to earn money by regular work? Cool, You want to sing, dance, tell a story etc? Cool...
You want to be a pimp, prostitute etc? Cool..you provide a service...You want to rob someone?
Not so cool, but at least you are weighing risk vs. reward.
Begging is worthless for the able.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 22:44:05 |Display all floors
Nowadays, beggar is a kind of  occupation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.