Author: bensun

whether or not give money to beggars [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-6 03:08:38 |Display all floors
when we give money to beggars, we help the government. we lift the pressure upon the government. otherwise, the government should aid them.
http://theology.blog.sohu.com
http://englishview.blog.sohu.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 09:12:28 |Display all floors
Most of the baggers are maybe not the true baggers .

But it hardly causes your loss to give them one or two coin .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 09:40:24 |Display all floors

Missing the point.

You all don't understand.  When you give money to a beggar, even "one or two coins", you are creating MORE beggars.  Is this what you want?  Because this is exactly what happens.  What if, instead of helping them, you're actually hurting them - and others, too!???

If you really want to help a beggar, you've got to STOP and give them your time.  Find out where they live, what is the origin of their problem, etc....

Then, if they don't have a home, you've got to take them (yes, truly helping someone is going to take real time) to a shelter.  (I've done this so I know of what I speak.)  By the way, fear not, most of the beggars you meet don't want your help, THEY WANT YOUR MONEY!

In fact, only twice have I taken beggars to shelters.  ALL of the other times I've been told "NO", just give me some money.  One of the two times was on a very cold night, and the shelter was already closed, but I persisted and the workers finally came to see that both I and the beggar were serious about getting him some help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 09:44:25 |Display all floors
SOS~~~~~~

Am i  no longer compassionate? The more beggers i saw, the more
cold-hearted i became! It seems that i have fogetton how to show sympathy any more.To me ,those guys turn out to be cheaters, thieves,lazy-bones...even though there are some children and women.All those has blunted my sense of
conscience, They can barely touch my heart!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 10:01:10 |Display all floors
giving them money is mainly to get rid of them , I have the experiences ,if you don't give them money they will grasp your clothes ,and even if the younger gaggers kneel to you , give them or not ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 11:01:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bourne at 2006-4-6 10:01
giving them money is mainly to get rid of them , I have the experiences ,if you don't give them money they will grasp your clothes ,and even if the younger gaggers kneel to you , give them or not ?

Sometimes giving them money will attract more beggars. If there are thieves around, they will know where you put your wallet.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 11:13:48 |Display all floors

Reply #13 amyamy's post

Amy - learn a tip from you.Thxs

Carry some coins always helpful but be sure who to give.

The genuine one.
Use eyeballs judgement plus feeling!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.