Views: 5412|Replies: 2

Two technical questions. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-21 02:26:51 |Display all floors
1.  The old forum listed all the new threads I started and all the posts by me to others' threads.  The new system seems to only list new threads.  When I ask it to search for my screen name through all the text and list my most recent post, it will list a thread that I have posted on at some point that has been most recently posted to by anyone.  How can I compile a list of all my posts chronologically?

2.  I can't seem to figure out how to alter the font, size, and color of a Subject line in a new post.  How do I do this?

Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 12:06:47 |Display all floors
1 when you do search, you can choose to Search forum & from "Full text", then you will get all words you have posted. If you choose search from "Title", then you can only get the posts you started.

2 the subject line is defaulted. So you can edit it in the message board, and leave the subject line empty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-22 05:52:34 |Display all floors
Answer to 2. is perfect.  Thanks.

Answer to 2. is perfect.

Answer to 1. grabs all threads where the string matt605 appears, but the "Sort by" feature won't work for me.  It lists the threads I've posted to beginning with the thread that had most recent posting by anyone, not the thread that had the most recent post by me.  Don't know how to work around this.  Maybe it is that way to protect people from having their posts viewed in chronological order by other forumites, but listing all posts chronologically for the user was one good feature of the old system that I cannot replicate under the new system, which otherwise is a wonderful improvement and an excellent work.

[ Last edited by matt605 at 2006-1-21 04:55 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.