Author: hikehub

What do you think about travel fare in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-21 02:55:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hikehub at 18-1-2006 03:45
where to buy Railcard?

That was the point I wanted to make. As far as I know there aren't any railcards - at least not of the sort that you get in the UK (always available to purchase, valid all-year-round, etc).
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 11:00:45 |Display all floors

Disgrace

Originally posted by seneca at 2006-1-20 11:50
Foreigners had to pay double until 1996; how was that? A racist policy to gouge out money from travellers! ...

It's deemed acceptable in China to treat foreigners as objects to be ripped off. This tendency will cause China to lose much face in Beijing 2008 if the issue isn't addressed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 17:11:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iculie at 2006-1-21 11:00

It's deemed acceptable in China to treat foreigners as objects to be ripped off. This tendency will cause China to lose much face in Beijing 2008 if the issue isn't addressed.

and your listening to seneca's BS? completely untrue unless he is rude and nasty for some reason, do you think its like america here? like white people who had the priority to have a seat on the bus and to sit near the front. American history X is an example.

http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/3874.php

If you just pick any article up about America towards blacks then you will see what I mean. It doesn't seem that long ago that "the police of the world" was discriminating against blacks and beating them up just because they are not white (not saying that it has stopped now). Need to make some reservations for the unwanted like the Red Indians?

How about the attacks on the refugees and immigrants in your country? let me ask you that? How great is your "DEVELOPED" country to dipict a developing one?
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.