Views: 8149|Replies: 11

How do you spend your spare time in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-17 15:18:48 |Display all floors
Besides working or traveling in China,
What will you do in the spare time in China?
Every little helps

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-19 13:17:14 |Display all floors
and you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-19 15:38:31 |Display all floors
reading most of the time
photographing is my hobby
go to the theater for entertainment
go to the park or seaside for relaxing
Every little helps

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 16:18:21 |Display all floors

When I'm not busy turning down regular invitations from all sides...

I like to stay at home, alone, and read a book or study languages, or spend time with friends who can speak my second languages.  Both of these options provide an effective buffer against vultures: if I'm at home alone, I'm not meeting anyone new and just exercising my mind (believe me it's not boring for me to be home alone in the evening after the dose of socialization I get all day! Not to mention that sometimes I really need to strategize to get my evening alone!); and if I hang out with friends who don't speak English, then any vulture who overhears will get discuraged and walk away (plus I get to exercise my second languages!).  So either of these options is a win for me.

Hmmm... Maybe I ought to explain myself here, as to why I meet so many people and get so many invitations all the time (since I'm not sure if I'm unique in this or if other foreigners go through the same experience, though I'm aware many go through it at least to some extent):

1. I do translation for the provincial government, so needless to say that makes me even more attractive to vultures who'd like to get some Guanxi!

2. I teach English to primary and middle school students, and so sometimes need to put up with their parents trying to invite me for dinner (extra practice for the kid of course). Interesting to note that I don't get this problem with French and Esperanto instruction, both of which I've taught at different times.

3.(This one's obvious) I'm white (so I stick out) and a native speaker of English (so I have something they want and it's between my ears)!

[ Last edited by tianyuanedu at 2006-1-21 04:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 18:23:31 |Display all floors
travel, dance, and go to bars

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 20:16:01 |Display all floors
MUCKING AROUND.....whatelse...?
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 21:38:26 |Display all floors

tianyuanedu is not a native English teacher!

Don't believe the hype.

And for the, "When I'm not busy turning down regular invitations from all sides"
You know he's full of it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.