Views: 5464|Replies: 5

Being a Juven fan is so lucky [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-17 09:39:00 |Display all floors
Juventus set points record for halfway stage of season

ROME, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Juventus set a new record for the most points at the halfway stage of a Serie A season when they beat Reggina 1-0 at the weekend.

The win gave the Italian champions 52 points from 19 matches, 10 ahead of second-placed Inter Milan.

Juventus have been in imperious form all season, racking up 17 wins and dropping points just twice - in a 3-1 defeat to AC Milan in October and again in a 1-1 draw against Lazio in December.

Serie A has not always contained 20 teams. The scoring system has also changed over time. Prior to the 1994-95 season a win was worth two points instead of three.

Even so, Fabio Capello's Juventus are still the most successful team ever at this stage of the season, narrowly bettering the previous mark set by the Juve side of the 1949-50, who notched up 16 wins, two draws and a defeat in their opening 19 games - a series that would have given them 50 points under today's scoring system.

Great teams of the more recent past include the 1992-93 Milan side of Frank Rijkaard and Marco van Basten that collected 15 wins and four draws (49 points under today's scoring system) and Diego Maradona's Napoli side of 1987-88, who won 15, drew three and suffered one defeat (48 points).

"I can't help but be pleased by the numbers," Juve coach Fabio Capello was quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday.

"But the important thing is to always keep one step ahead of the pursuers - it's the only thing that interests me from here until the end."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-17 09:49:44 |Display all floors

Look at this funny trophy. BTY, is it a trophy at all?

Del Piero holds trophy to celebrate his 183 goals with juventus in Turin
piero-trophy-220-r.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-17 11:14:28 |Display all floors
I don't like Juven so much because quite a few players there look a little old.
and I live in Goungdong,here GDTV-SPORTS  is much more popular,but there is not much Italian soccer games in this channel.It facus on England League,so I don't know much about the clubs in Italy.

They did do a great job this season,and I hope they will continue to do better,to break record,to set a new peak for the rest of and the later clubs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-19 17:21:58 |Display all floors
No wonder. Juven is the biggest winner in latest 5 years. It's like the 90's Milan, though without very big stars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-20 12:00:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fxxxxa at 2006-1-19 17:21
No wonder. Juven is the biggest winner in latest 5 years. It's like the 90's Milan, though without very big stars.

Without big star?

God.

Pavel Nedved,Emerson Da Rosa,Gianluigi Buffon,Lilian Thuram,David Trezeguet ,Zlatan Ibrahimovic

those players above who have played for Juven at least 2 years!

Anyone cost Juven more than 20,000,000 US dollar.

They are not the football pop star,but the real super star.

The buy principle of Juven only focus on the football itself .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-20 15:17:40 |Display all floors
juve is a nice team :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.