Author: christopher_104

The danger of religious freedom in modern china [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-6 10:11:08 |Display all floors
I don't believe in any religion, still I think religious freedom is a good thing, but cult is not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 10:13:29 |Display all floors
Here's my issue with Christianity: I think most people have stopped following its original spirit. The religious right here in the US likes to claim Christianity all for itself and says being liberal and Christian is not possible. The problem is, I don't think very many of them are following Jesus's teachings of love and tolerance and accepting all. I hate to break it to those people, but Jesus was a liberal. More so than me in a lot of aspects, I bet, and that's saying something. I'm trying to save up my spare change so I can treat myself to something nice at the end of the year. Jesus would tell me to give it to the poor. Jesus's arms were open to anyone who believed in him, not just the Republicans.

I think too many people read the Bible and only see what they want to see and use it as a basis to back up their prejudices. There are a lot of sick, slimy people out there who claim to be good Christians just because they hate gays/Muslims/whatever and God does, too, or so they've interpreted it.

Too often religion does become an opiate for the masses, and people try to use it for political gain instead of learning from it. Too often it closes peoples' minds instead of opening them.

Fish, your unwavering support of Bush and eerily numerous smiley faces with your last post here about Christians all being good makes me think you're one of those who just sort of does what people (president, preacher, etc) tell you to do. Did you ever stop to think for yourself?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 10:20:26 |Display all floors
Well, shanhuang, you slice and you dice, but your mix of ingredients don't quite mix up (as usual).

Democracy has nothing to do with christianity. By definition, democracy includes the freedom to believe or not believe in any religion. And by definition, religion has no say in a democracy. Religion is $$ed by democracy.

The war in Iraq is not about religion. Western powers don't fight religious wars since long way back. The war in Iraq is about alledged weapons of mass destruction, about natural resources (oil) and the stability of the Middle East.

The war in Iraq will secure democracy for the Iraqi people, and it will reduce the impact of religion. The casualties will be considered worth it. When Iraq attacked Iran, a million people died. When Iraq attacked Kuwait, not many people died, but it nevertheless proved that Iraq is expansionist and will do what it takes to control the oil in the region. When Iraq attacked kurds in Iraq, Iraq proved it will do whatever it wants to its own people.

Iraq needed to be put down, and next stop is Iran.

(Is that the christ himeslf on that picture?)
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 10:31:47 |Display all floors

Monkey...you are right

"don't think very many of them are following Jesus's teachings"

You are right here. How many people walk the walk like Jesus did in his day?

Not many, not me, but I would say that some of these that do might be teachers in China.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 10:43:35 |Display all floors

May your God have mercy on you, lying fish

I need to say no more once you fall into your lying habit, especially when sockmonkey has already pointed out the obvious

Fish, your unwavering support of Bush and eerily numerous smiley faces with your last post here about Christians all being good makes me think you're one of those who just sort of does what people (president, preacher, etc) tell you to do. Did you ever stop to think for yourself?

You must also recognize this little girl on the 'square' ! Just ask yourself, where is your conscience, your God taught you all this spin?

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-2-7 10:44 AM ]
talafargirl.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 11:07:55 |Display all floors

Reply #31 liangzai's post

Liangzai, here is my statement in the last post. "Ask, how religions have been used in this recent global war on terrorism." read it again and make sure you understand. Don't put your words into my mouth.

No, it's you, liangzai, who picks up bits and parts from my different posts to make up a story then span it. The undeniable fact is that Iraq War is a war for oil and Israel, yet religions serve a big purpose as the war propaganda through fanning religious and racial hatred, in return, the war has become religious. Bin Laden called it a 'Holy War'.

How George Bush got 'elected' the 2nd term? It's no secret that he was put onto the thrown with a strong support from the Christian churches across America. Why so many Christians in USA support the Iraq War? George Bush himself called the war of terror a 'Crusade'. The Christian churches anointed George Bush as 'A Man of Faith' and a book was dedicated to him, it was on recommendation list in many Christian libraries.

Anyone who has the basic understanding of the Iraq war knows that American evangelical Christian right wing has a strong hold of Bush together with the Jewish lobby. The Christian fundamentalists are war mongers in this case. In addition, do I need to mention the unprecedented religious hatred between Jews and Muslims throughout the world? It is spreading like a wild fire. It has a lot to do with Iraq War besides the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!

For a deeper understanding how Christian-zionism worked together, read Jayzee and others' posts:

Is the new Christian-Zionist alliance a threat to china?

When I mentioned 'democracy' I was pointing to fish's usual sticky preaching in this forum. Yet, you picked it up, tried hard to slice and dice to serve your twist.

How funny you would say "The war in Iraq will secure democracy for the Iraqi people". It sounds like another fish, only a hypocritical euro-fish. Washington said Iraq War was about WMD, 9/11, but Pentegon can never find the WMD from Iraq, no link could be found between Saddam and 9/11 either. The ‘Man of Faith’ in fact is a liar, the worst president in American history who misled the people into an immoral war. The so called 'democracy and freedom' are nothing but war propaganda.  

'Democracy' is good for Iraq because it will curb religion? Then think about democracy also sent hamas to the power recently.

So, my questions remain valid:

1) Ask, how many Chinese understand the history of Christianity.

2) Ask how many wars they have been fighting in the past 2000 years.

3) Ask, how religions have been used in this recent global war on terrorism.

Just a side note for you:

If you think the more than 100,000 Iraqi lives are so trivial in front of your hypocritical ‘democracy’ and ‘freedom’, then here is my suggestion - How about let Soviet bomb your home country to the ground and get more than 100,000 your country men killed, tortured or bombed to death to secure an ideology, which will reduce or eliminate those religions too.

Please don't assume no one knows the truth about Iraq-Iran war. Donald Rumsfeld was delivering weapons to both sides (including bio-chemical agents to Saddam) before and during the war. When the war finally stopped, Henry Kissinger said: "Too bad, they can't kill each other more."

So, no spinning. I don't think I need to spend my time with you on this subject, because there are plenty threads around in this forum. Go and read them.

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-2-7 11:43 AM ]
rumsfeld_saddam.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 11:49:03 |Display all floors

"A Man of faith"

is  a book recommended in many American Christian churches, Open the link to read in detail:

A Man of Faith

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-2-7 11:51 AM ]
abbr_01._PE92_.A-Man-of-Faith-The-Spiritual-Journey-of-George-W-Bush._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.