Author: freakyqi

Homeschooling - 在家自学者 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-15 14:28:44 |Display all floors
Aww, thanks guys! You're both sweet!

Tempax, I like your new avatar. I can't decide if it's pretty or scary. Maybe it's pretty scary. (heehee)

No, I think.... it's mysterious. :)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 14:52:44 |Display all floors
thanks! freakyqi.
the tree in my new avatar is calyx canthus.
I take it in my old high shool. which was founded in 1847. it's a very beautiful school with a long history. i will show you some pics of it later.
(I revisited my old school in my hometown during i had my holidays)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 20:08:04 |Display all floors

sorry for i am not reading your passages in seriously.

for it is too long. i am a leaner by myself.  i select this way of study for i am 25 years old already, and began to work already, but as a young boy your son is, you have better send him to school even for regulatory education and for make friends with others. he needs friends i am sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 14:23:31 |Display all floors

I am sorry for no good suggestion to you.

I am a science teacher in junior middle school in Shanghai.In grade six and seven the guys will learn a basic science subject  called Modern Intergrated Science which originally published by Oxford University Press Ltd.This subject teach the guys basic science knowledges including chemistry,physics ,biology and earth science,etc.I think maybe this subject  is like what you said in America the subject science is. Also the guys need to learn further absolute subjects like geography in grade six and seven,physics in grade seven and eight, biology in grade seven,and  chemistry in grade eight.I think to the guys science mean fun.But many science subjects like the other main subjects need exam and the exams are very high frequency ,at least each chapter will have one.If your son go to Chinese middle school he has to face two big problems ne is the language ,the other one is exam.How can he understsnd science knowleges and pass the exams?But in China there is popular to teach some subjects(include science) in bilingual language(in Chinese and in English) in some school ,this is helpful to your son.But the amout of this school trying bilingual teaching is very little and the exams still in Chinese.So  i am sorry i haven't good suggestion to you,but  i hope good luck to your son when he is in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 10:31:29 |Display all floors

Study chinese in Beijing

you can attend a event in April in BEijing -- Chinese Language and Culture Fair.
for reservation send email to RSV@chinaexpat.net
www.ChinaExpat.net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 11:43:40 |Display all floors
Considering your situation, homeschool may be a good option. Were I to add something,  I would suggest you make it in varied ways ---- don't make it too dull for your son. For example, you can invite some Chinese students his age to exchange lessons, as many of them are very willing to learn English from a native speaker. And you can even talk about tutorial fees. Well , actually, I think you can make a small private tutoring business of your home, tax evaded, and Scot free!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 13:41:30 |Display all floors

I like it(Homeschooling).

I like Homeschooling very much.Beacuse I have no time to learn English.Thanks very much!
I hope learn it at  home  use internet with each others:>

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.