Author: willysierens

Will China follow USA "way of life"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-4 16:27:12 |Display all floors
japan beat qing dynasty, russia, and then made a great raid on USA.

so they have their native hero for pilgrimage.

what do we have.

where are our country's hero.

the great succuss within nearly 200 years of "great kingdom" maybe is only the embarrassed conflict with the "little vietnam".

don't try to blame normal people.

normal chinese is the greatest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 17:23:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by corner at 2006-8-4 16:27
japan beat qing dynasty, russia, and then made a great raid on USA.

so they have their native hero for pilgrimage.

what do we have.

where are our country's hero.

the great succuss withi ...

FULLY AGREE = "normal chinese is the greatest."    

Pls be humble & don't say too loud!!!  
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 18:45:28 |Display all floors

very thankful

I am VERY thankful that "normal chinese" is only something that "caringhk", "tong" and "greendragon" can
aspire to.  I am also very thankful that their racism, sexism, bigotry and ignorance will prevent all three from
ever attaining that goal!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-5 10:34:12 |Display all floors

Chinese shall follow Europe/Japan/Korea "way of life"

Maybe China is the most developing country in the world at present. But the way of development is unreasonable.  Through selling raw material and other valued resources, Chinese economic will go to the end. So we should follow Europe "way of life". Enjoy yourself now, Please don't alway deposit you money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-6 21:06:09 |Display all floors

actually no way can be follow

China has its own special situation  so it is is no possible to copy other country way to follow,  with the view of former experience if we simulate the same other way tatolly, there is no good result, that has been proved by many cases. so the way we go now is different from the usa or european. but we can learn some lesson from their way to develop their economy, however that can also not be easy to do. we have already make many same mistakes like their such as environment  pollution, in some place the cost of the economy develpment is the environment pollution and the high exhaustion of the natural resource. all these give us a very deeplly     impression.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-7 08:12:50 |Display all floors

It is unlikely

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-7 10:12:14 |Display all floors
jetsam - I agree, but don't you see any brainwashing happening in China? What about all the young people with brand-name clothes & accessories? And everyone wanting cars? China is like straddling a fence I think... from my view, I'd like to see the people of China somehow keep old values & traditions going in their young people so they don't simply follow blindly in the path of other cultures.

When my son was little, watching TV, and we'd see a toy robot flying through the air, or a toy car advertised and it would be speeding along doing flips or something... I'd say "See that? It's a lie, the car won't really do that, the company just wants your money, so they make it look good to try to trick you into buying it so they can have your money." Ha... I really told him things like that, because I knew that the commercials always made everything look better than it would really be in real life, and I didn't have a lot of money. And it worked. He didn't turn into one of those spoiled kids begging for everything in the store. Of course he wanted some things, and he had plenty of things, but not like some kids out there who must have every new video game as soon as it comes out, or whatever.

My point is, just be honest with the kids about the things they are seeing. TELL THEM it's BS, it's stupid and useless and unnecessary. TELL THEM the factories that make that product are polluting the air, making us all sick. TELL THEM the rich companies are getting richer, spending $1000 on a stupid office chair with YOUR hard-earned $10.
TELL THEM the big companies are jerks and don't care about them, they only want every penny they can get.

Teach your children what the important things in life are, and teach them not to be suckers. (no matter what country you're in)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.