Author: spiritrace

HOT POT WHO LOVES IT???? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-12 01:03:19 |Display all floors
I've never had it....
Now you're all making me feel sorry for myself, poor freakyqi, never had hotpot!
Actually, it was offered on our trip to china last spring but I didn't have any because I was vegetarian and it was very meaty - broth, and things to put in. I was full anyway from everything else we ate.
But now that you say it's like sex......

Maybe I'll find vegetarian hotpot when I get to Beijing! Dunking tofu sounds messy, it better be extra-firm tofu! Oh, caringhk said it might be a mushroom broth. I don't care for mushrooms. If it's spicy enough it might take over the  mushroom flavor..... we'll see. I can do it here with vegetable broth, and add more spices to liven it up. Can I just do it in a regular pot? I'd have to stand around the stove dunking. Hmm.

What do you do with the broth after? Use it again & again, or make it into soup?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-12 07:48:44 |Display all floors

Freakyqi, if you make it like real Hot Pot

It would be too spicy to drink the broth as a soup. I mean like, totally two big hands full of Cayenne type Hot Peppers. The mixes of spices would twist your guts into a knot!  I have only seen it as a cooking media then after a few days thrown away. Really powerful stuff....I suppose you could remove paint with it after use.

Anyone got the basic recipe?????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-12 08:39:44 |Display all floors

broth could never be a soup

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-1-12 01:03
I've never had it....
Now you're all making me feel sorry for myself, poor freakyqi, never had hotpot!
Actually, it was offered on our trip to china last spring but I didn't have any becaus ...

When you finish eating hotpot,you should discard it,it's shouldn't be offering again and again

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-13 04:12:40 |Display all floors

If anyone has any home recipes for Hot Pot I would like to see them...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-13 10:10:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2006-1-13 04:12

I have shown my recipe in the first page,you may check it out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-13 11:35:00 |Display all floors

I mean the broth...

For example, the ingredients such as boiled beef bones, Sichuan Peppercorn, Star Anise, how many Hot Peppers, the spices, like ginger, sesame oil, and all the things that go into the broth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-15 20:45:13 |Display all floors

way of making broth

Ok,as spirtrace required,let me show you how to make broth,but warning first,it is my pravate way of making it,i'd love hotpot ,and usually making it by myself.LOL.
First of all,put some chicken or sheepmeat or fish as you like,as for me,i 'd like chicken.
second, put the meat in the cold water and start to boil,at the same time,put some Chinese onion,ginger,garlic,sweet fennel(not too much!),opium poppy ,of course red peppers,and some alcohol drinks,which is used for easing gamey smell,and boiling it for half an hour after the water was boiled.
Third,when it done,put some Chinese aromatic oil  and monosodium glu$$ate in it,   WELL,WE GOT IT! SO DELICIOUS,ENJOY YOURSELF  LOL
If winter comes,can spring be far behind?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.