Author: spiritrace

HOT POT WHO LOVES IT???? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-11 15:23:33 |Display all floors

interesting!

A very interesting comparison between hot pot and sex....

Spiritrace: you are correct in explaining the different kinds of hot pots.  Yes.  PPl just sit surrounding a table.   One kind is that we put all the food into the hot pot . When the water is boiling , the meat and vegetables are done. Another one is that we put what you want in a  big spoon ( sort of , with small holes ), put it into the hot soup . A minute or so later, we can pull them out. For the later one,the most importan part is the sauce.  We prepare the sauce very careful: soy sauce, gingers ( small pieces ) , oil etc.   Delicious!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 16:55:20 |Display all floors

I thought the sex comparison would be something we all can relate to.

When I first started eating Hot Pot the first thing I thought of was sex. Hmmmmm
Everyone would settle down to their favorite part of the meal. Yes when we have guests we offer the brass strainers just in case they don't want to share our germs.
When they see the pot boiling so fast no one has ever taken the strainers.

Maybe Hearthome and Sinfulangle can tell me why I see more women eating Hot Pot than men.....This was one of the first things I noticed. Our 13 year old daughter loves it. I know about 300 Chinese people and it is mostly women who eat the Hot Pot but for other spicy things it is a majority of men....My wife makes everything Hot and Spicy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 17:19:50 |Display all floors
My friends and i had hotpot last night,there's four of us,three men,one woman,and we had eaten two big plates fo mutton,it's very nice ,cookerman cut them into very thin pieces,so we could eat it when put them into the pot just several seconds,and i reccommend you should take garlic when you eat hotpot,it's very delicious, sinfulangle got it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 19:29:32 |Display all floors

But men like sex more.......

I never notice that more women like hot pot than men. But i notice your wife loves hot food that because she is from hot food hometown........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 20:22:43 |Display all floors

maybe...

Women are easier to weep and cry. Maybe this is the reason.  
And women love sour food that's because they like to " drink vinegar".
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!  Be careful with women!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 23:11:11 |Display all floors

I love hot pot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-12 00:29:02 |Display all floors

I have never had hot pot from other parts of China or Asia

The next time we come to China we will try it in Guangzhou and Shanghai and the area. Eventually I will get back to Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand to try it there. Singapore and that area must have completely different flavors and ways of doing it also. Tell me about how you do it where you are.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.