Author: peaches

To defeat a chinese man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-21 11:09:57 |Display all floors

Apply his own medicine!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 14:48:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-1-21 11:01
But there's something I do disagree with... from what I can see, the reason there are more men "geniuses" in history IS societal. And although equality for women has certainly come a long way, it is NOT just as easy for women to get as far as men these days. I was just watching a documentary on Einstein, and he often turned to his wife to bounce ideas off of and to check his arithmetic, presumably up to a calculus-or-so level (?). So she was CAPABLE of doing what he was doing, but just didn't share his brain and therefore didn't come up with the same ideas herself, but that doesn't mean she wasn't as smart as he was. She was also spending her time cleaning the floor and cooking the food, etc. This may be an example that's hard to prove, but it's just an example, food for thought.

But this is not a difference in capacity. I think Winddancer formulated it best, men are more prone to dig deep in to stuff. Boys sit and rehearse their damn guitar for all night, while girls want to have a bigger mix. Girls easily get bored. So Einstein loved to stick to his favorite thought experiments, ignoring the rest of the world, and since his formal education wasn't up to date, he took help from his environment. He could have done it himself, but this was a shortcut, since he'd rather ponder the problem itself rather than the technicalities.

Einstein didn't care about the house being clean, it wasn't his priority. And men are usually all the same, they have other priorities.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-21 18:05:12 |Display all floors
i believe chinese and all men alike, nobody likes losing faces, including women,,, too,,,, who likes losing face, geez, just that simple

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-22 01:47:33 |Display all floors

Lost Face Recovery Inc.

:) I think I've just come up with a hot new business plan ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-22 06:18:05 |Display all floors

I just have my face-lift done.

Originally posted by boke_usa at 2006-1-22 01:47
:) I think I've just come up with a hot new business plan ...

I am very happy I lost some of my face.
Kidding! My face is small and tight, very little to spare. ;P
Peach, I don't know whether you defeated men other than Chinese before. But who (include both sexes and all races) would like to be defeated? There is no right or wrong in this matter. But only one has the last laugh. I don't think it will be you if you pissed off all your Chinese men.Apologize in advance if I am too blunt.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-22 09:39:00 |Display all floors
""men are more prone to dig deep in to stuff. Boys sit and rehearse their damn guitar for all night, while girls want to have a bigger mix. Girls easily get bored.""

Where'd you get all that from???  
If you're even remotely correct, perhaps you're talking about average IQ people - wanting a "bigger mix" (do you mean be with a bigger group of people?) and geting bored easily. Ok perhaps ...no, not perhaps.. I *know* ... I'm not your average american woman, so those things nowhere nearly apply to me, but I really do think they're just assumptions. I don't like to debate or anything, mostly because I don't have the time to do it here, so I'm not asking for explicit research or anything, but really, where did you get those ideas?

If those generalizations do mostly apply to the average IQ (if we can apply them anywhere at all, which I really don't wanna do) then let's think about the higher IQ's again... I think a higher IQ person, male or female is going to be the *type of person* who likes to dig deeper, doesn't get bored, etc. Perhaps those traits are of a higher IQ, not just men/women. Girls easily get bored???? I've never heard that one.

Hey, if I'm into something, the neatness of my apartment is the last priority, in fact it's embarrassingly messy as I type. Apparently even writing online is a higher priority than cleaning my apt.! yikes!

peace

By the way, I'm not looking for arguments, really. I'll admit I think you're slightly arrogant, but hey, I ain't perfect either. Just want you to know no hard feelings when I disagree, which has been a few times lately.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-22 10:55:19 |Display all floors
Your whole article in fact echoes my claim... deliberatley.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.