Author: spiritrace

IN THE TRADITIONAL CHINESE FAMILY WHO'S BIRTHDAY IS MOST IMPORTANT? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-11 12:35:06 |Display all floors

The consequence of forgetting the b'day of Girlfriend!

I have no similar experience cos I have no girl! hehe~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 13:22:18 |Display all floors

Lovedream, there are a lot of girls waiting for you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-13 14:47:41 |Display all floors

both the oldest and the youngest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 00:40:15 |Display all floors

When the eldest or youngst gets all the attention

How does that make the others feel?

Maybe I should start a new family thing and give everyone equal attention. If there are three people in a family then each should be 1/3 equal to receive love from the others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-15 09:32:30 |Display all floors
In our (american) family birthdays are celebrated fairly equally. If it's a big number, like 18, 30,40,50, 60, 70,  etc.... they get a bigger party.

Well, actually that's not true. Kids get parties more often than adults. We don't always have parties for adults, sometimes just a few of us might get together with a small cake & a few presents, but not usually a big deal, maybe a bit of extra food than usual.

Sometimes for a kid we'll have a "family party" with just the family, and then a "kids party", inviting the kid's friends. The family party is more quiet, but if it was one big party, the grandparents, aunts, uncles, wouldn't want to all sit around with a bunch of kids they don't even know (loud, messy, etc...) so they might have two parties.

Here's one thing I DON'T LIKE:
It seems nowadays, around here, kids all expect to have a party at a PLACE. There are places that are in business to throw parties. They handle everything: food, drinks, cake, games, entertainment. You'd pay $10-18 per child. Or maybe they'll have a party at a place like a bowling alley or somewhere that has sports or rides. That's ok sometimes, but these days a kid isn't happy unless he gets one of these big parties at a big place. It's too expensive!!!

My party life growing up was much different. We had to make our own fun with only sticks and rocks. Ok, it wasn't that bad, but close.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.