Author: spiritrace

IN THE TRADITIONAL CHINESE FAMILY WHO'S BIRTHDAY IS MOST IMPORTANT? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-9 13:21:06 |Display all floors

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 13:43:27 |Display all floors

Reply #14 freakyqi's post

Hi FReaky -  I read latest lady-bags are TOD and Ip-Nima hits Malaysian stores.
TOD is Italy and IP is Vietnam.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 17:09:48 |Display all floors

They prefer Burmese Jade, too soft for my liking.

I surrounded my bath tub with Nephrite jade slabs freeform laid into grout... Kinda pretty.
   My favorite is Black Jade (so dark green that it is black) The stuff I have is full of platinum. Obviously it was at the bottom of the molten flow. Very hard and tough. (7-8 on Mohs scale) I made knives with it. Got pretty popular, women were buying the knives as necklaces and using them as protection. I can make them surgically sharp. I made a black jade golf putter (got a letter from The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of Scotland qualifying it as a real putter) The sweet spot is a gold nugget I dredged out of a stream here in Wyoming.  Boron graphite shaft with tacky leather grip. The putter is two sided for right or left hand use. I sold a few of them, but some people bought them as an art piece. So I took one to the local Art Guild and they juried it.. It is now art also.

Don't think they would appreciate a jade golf putter with a gold nugget inlay.

I have a little time to discover some neat gifts locally, along with the chocolate.

Keep some ideas coming, I'm sure there are other like me who want to buy a boat motor but dare not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 17:48:28 |Display all floors

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 21:07:30 |Display all floors

Check it out! Xiao Meow has offered me the elder

her furry little pussy twice! I'm up for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 03:21:14 |Display all floors
looks more like a furby than a cat. Remember Furbies?

Spiritrace- sounds really neat, all that stuff you've done with the jade. Got any pictures? The most I've done with stone was carve two small pieces to fit together as a yinyang symbol and make it into a necklace, which I gave to someone. I was very proud of myself, but now I see that I am nothing more than a childish amateur. You've put me to shame.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 09:41:38 |Display all floors

No Freakyqi, you are not a childish amature.....

My grandfather started me when I was 5 years old..He was the white side of me..... German, meticulous, exacting....... but I learned. However I am nothing compared to those artists who carve jade in China.... Now that is art..... skill, dedication..When you get to China check them out. They are amazing people. I can equal their polish surface but not their art. I don't have that in me.....
   In fact you are only one of a few who has even attempted to make anything of stone. Americans are too impatient for working in stone.
   I am the only American that I know of who has mastered jade sphears. I spin the piece at about 30,000 RPM. You should see it when it disintigrates which sometimes happens. I accomplished a 3/4 inch jade sphere that is part jade and part quartz.....I will take a photo......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.