Views: 7474|Replies: 19

Have someone read Women In Love written by D.H.Lawrence? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-4 22:49:50 |Display all floors
Have someone read Women In Love written by D.H.Lawrence?
If you do, can you share me your feeling after reading this novels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 22:55:54 |Display all floors

Women i n Love

I once read it roughly  out of curiosity many years ago but  there is vague mark left in my memory. D.H.Laurance is a writer as mystery. His works are so hard to comprehend.
What about your own ideas about finishing the book?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 22:59:38 |Display all floors

I just read about the digest of this book

I just read about the digest of this book, because I have no much time to read it. Because I have so many novels to read. Why I post is that I want to find a short cut to know the book.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 23:49:32 |Display all floors

got u:)

Try this link, hope it helps

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-6 00:49:48 |Display all floors

Sparknotes has problems

In their analysis of some of Shakespeare, Browning (both), and Coleridge, Sparknotes makes mistakes which will cause an English Lit teacher to realize you got the idea from sparknotes.

In English the novels of Lawrebce are important because they moved the art forward, and changed the perception of the novel as form of expression.  Lawrence can be said to have brought the depth of characterization of Shakespeare to the modern novel.  

That said, he is difficult to read for people who don't devote full-time to reading.  And Women in Love is the sequel to his novel The Rainbow.  So getting comments on the novel means you need to get comments on the background and the relationship to the earlier novel.

That said, youu might try reading it, Jeff.  It is dense, but the writng is beyond beautiful, and the passions expressed are rendered in marvelous colours.

Ruotong, I liked this book, but I really liked 2 things.  I loved the wondrous sentences, which seemed to pull emotions out of the air.  And I loved the name Gudrun.  Gudrun is a natural sound for lovemaking and whispering, and it rolls so sweetly on the summer tongue.   

In San Francisco I met a woman named Gudrun, who was beautiful, and witty, and married, and had never read the book; so all my intimations of an incredible affair awaiting us were pointedly ignored.  I was a little crushed, but having my own wife to fall back on at the time, I took it well.

[ Last edited by leungshuren at 2006-1-6 01:23 AM ]
LSR.  龙诗人  or  龍詩人
A crater on the planet Mercury is named 李白. (Li Bai)
http://dragonpoet.blogbus.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-6 03:20:27 |Display all floors
i am interested in him and his works too, and want to read them in the future, if  time permits...
following my dream...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-6 03:40:55 |Display all floors

You can read His novels online

at classicreader.com

enjoy
LSR.  龙诗人  or  龍詩人
A crater on the planet Mercury is named 李白. (Li Bai)
http://dragonpoet.blogbus.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.