Author: ruotong

Your English Proficiency [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-2 22:40:05 |Display all floors

You are right, Kelly

Exam scores can not stand your real English literacy. Written exams fail to tell somebody who is good at spoken English but poor in English written tests.

One weird trend i once oberserved is some people who are not only capable of writing  but expert at oral communications as well,  but some who are good at oral English fail to produce a decent writing. i wonder what  makes such differences.

thanks for sharing me your ideas:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-2 23:14:40 |Display all floors
up you two !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-3 12:16:14 |Display all floors

i think...

Originally posted by ruotong at 2006-1-2 22:40
Exam scores can not stand your real English literacy. Written exams fail to tell somebody who is good at spoken English but poor in English written tests.

One weird trend i once oberserved is so ...

honey,you're right.i think the differences between the two are:the oral one is more flexible and close to our life,the sentences we speak in daily life are short,lively,and the grammar is not very important,hehe,so ,it's easy to remember and speak.but the written one,is formal ,inflexible,some of the words are long,difficult to pronounce and remember, damnable grammar,professional expressions...oh~~~~~~~~headache

by the way,one of my best male friends said,once they saw a postgraduate chatting with a foreign professor,hehe,s$$mered.they're both embarrassed,especially the student.but his composition is very good.others admired very much.

hehe,so ,that's my conclusion.what about others?:)
C'est La Vie !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-3 12:21:12 |Display all floors

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnone.:(

C'est La Vie !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 22:47:07 |Display all floors

Cheer up, dear Nokia MM. I know u will make it sooner or later

What you mentioned might have something to do with accuracy and fluency, during which the writing lays more emphasis on accuracy but oral communication may want more of fluency. Surely some seemingly fluent oral English makes no sense at all.
Anything i can do for you, dont be hesitate to let me know, Nokii:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 23:20:27 |Display all floors

i had passed CET-6

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 23:50:43 |Display all floors

Oral English is more difficult for me!

maybe i should pratice as much as i can.
sighing~~~:L:L:Q:Q

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.