I mean I f you they are not an Englishman

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-1 09:07:38 |Display all floors
omg omg omg, go for cookie!! thats a nice name =(
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-1 11:45:11 |Display all floors

Kookie was a character on"Route 66"

And Cookie Monster is a "Sesame Street" character, so there is some precedence.  However, Iknew a girl named Ivy Hall, and she disliked her father very much.  

So, it's MN, but we usually say GWN (the Great White North).  We got 10" of snow yesterday.  But I haven't been here for winter in over 20 years.  Last year, I spent christmas in HK, and hte year before in Honolulu.  So this year I am again learning why I left.  But in truth, the family is a lot of fun.

Oh yes, my son is Kelly.  I am just poor lsr, having lost my regular name when I became a fulltime writer.

Anyway, 2 more hours til the countdown in times square.  just enough time for an 18 year old scotch and, uh,...........................

Ciao, Au revoir, a demain, auf wiedersehn, later baby!
LSR.  龙诗人  or  龍詩人
A crater on the planet Mercury is named 李白. (Li Bai)
http://dragonpoet.blogbus.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-2 19:47:36 |Display all floors
DENNY------I LIKE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-2 21:41:54 |Display all floors
zijuanly almost any English name can end in "y" or "ie" often we add them to show affection, my name is Mark but I often get called Marky, if you use Robert it can be modified to Robby, Bobby, Berty etc.

I would also like to know the answer to the question asked by freakyqi, I have a few friends who use an A in there name i.e. xiao jie is known as A Jie, Wang Di is known as A Di and Gao Chuan is know as A Chun. I would ask these people themselves but I wouldn't want to offend them!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.