Views: 3786|Replies: 12

I need some input, i don't know what to do. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-29 19:34:21 |Display all floors
Ok here's the situation.

Currently i'm working about  20 hours a week making 4000Rmb a month and free food and accomodations.. it's a nice life in hangzhou, i live comfortable and happy. Although the school screwed me over for half my salary the other cause i missed one day of work, but were working that out. we'll see what happends

But i was Offered a Dj job in Hainan paying 15 000 Rmb a month. Now music is my love in life, but i know working this kinda job it sucks the fun outta of the music sometimes. Not to mention it's not soo safe in Hainan like it is here in Hangzhou. I would be working in what i consider to be paradise but i wouldn't have days off and would be working longer hours then i do now.
It could be kinda risky going to cause i wouldn't be able to come back to my job here if anything happend. the job in Hainan is a 3 month contract, but thats ok i plan to go back to Canada in June anyways and the money is enough to hang around or i can renew my contract for a few more months there anyways if all goes well. (The reason the pay is so high is cause they want a foreign girl Dj.)

I just want some input, help me jog some thoughts into this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-29 19:40:40 |Display all floors

go for it

life is about doing what you enjoy... not what is safe.

I am 21, and have travelled to several countries (22 total, but only a fraction of those for work) I have always believed that life is not about slaving to make a living and stay safe, your life will be much more full and enjoyable if you take the risks.

recently i quit my job as a graphic designer to become an english teacher, and although my new income is not fixed, and i am not in as secure a position im having a lot more fun (before i was working 9 - 7 5 days a week and earning 4500 with my house paid for) now i pay my rent, and im not sure how much i will make, im a little nervous (maybe even scared) but excited to be doing something else.

good luck, my advice is go for teh dj job.

insp

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 03:26:40 |Display all floors

Don't wait until you get too old to take any risk....

Take it now while you are still young.... more life experiences will benefit your future decision-making and choices you make... you are not talking about personal safety risk? Are you?…as far as job security is concerned…there is no permanent, guarantee secure job around anymore…. beside, now a day, who wants to stay in the same job for life anyway…. some people do but I don’t.

Life is more than just a secure job. I like inspired approach to life. If he were my son/daughter, I would be very proud of him/her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 06:58:03 |Display all floors
i agree with them...take the new job in hainai..it sounds fun...n u know love it...so why hesitate??...

besides...life is really more than being secured in a job...its more about bein adventurous..n doin things that you like...

you are at least more lucky than me...i am stuck in my degree which was chosen by my parents..so i have to finish this degree first..n then do a dgree tht i like..

take a chance...and make a change...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 07:53:13 |Display all floors

Take the chance.

Take the chance, or you will always be thinking about it and wishing you had. Very few people have ever achieved true happiness without a chance encounter. It is in your blood, go for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 08:06:03 |Display all floors
yea...hope our advice can help you a bit...=)
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 11:35:01 |Display all floors
I"m still on the fence... I mean i agree.. I'm fully an adventureous person..
I came to China year and a half ago  on the strangest of terms and soo quickly.

The Dj life isn't all fun and games though, it's not hey this is  fun i'm in a bar everynight listening to loud music and dancing around having a great time.. All that stuff tends to lose it's appeal when you Dj.
I'll be in a place where i'm more likely to be robbed , or hurt.
Although i'll also be near a beach
I'll be going somewhere new , no friends
Although working in a bar , it's not hard to make new friends really quick
I wont have any days off  for 3 months
Although i'll be making enough i could afford to stay in Sanya and extra month or 2 on what i already made.

What if i get there and i fail? maybe i shouldn't be so scared of failure. i dunno
If i leave my job now, i'll break alot of relationships here too. Although i'm only in China another 6 months or so then i leave, so does that matter?

Some days i'm soo excited and i want to go, other days i'm scared and figure it's safer  finishing my time here, i still get to travel, see china and learn chinese, it's still an adventure everyday , just a different kind.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.