Author: annali

Do you own a car in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-28 12:04:17 |Display all floors

car!

the   car 'price will be lower in the future ,that is for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-29 09:12:26 |Display all floors
For a long time, China's car industry has been protected by the government through the high tariff rate and  the control on import. After the buffer period of China's WTO entry, things will be much different with freer competition being introduced into the industry.

In the past few years since the entry, we've seen the impact, and Chinese car manufacturers might have all felt the pressures - the pressure of raising the technology level and reducing costs and the pressure of price depreciation.

With WTO entry, China will have to cut automobile import duties to 25% by the year 2006. By then, more foreign car manufacturers will flock to seek business opportunities in China.  They will cut price and cost because this is the most effective means to enter a new market.

As a result, cars in China will sure experience a genreal wave of price cuts in 2006. So, the car you bought years ago might do not hold much value by then. It's a pity but an inevitable trend~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-29 09:15:54 |Display all floors

Reply #16 alee_dodo's post

Some new things are not worth their weight in Gold!!!

Unfortunately, cars are made of iron which rusts and not GOLD!!!

But you paid for being the early owner of a luxury fame!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-29 09:42:29 |Display all floors

Reply #17 caringhk's post

yes, that's what luxury costs~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-15 21:14:41 |Display all floors
Many cars may cause traffic jams and I think governmet should raise the tax to limit the numbers.  I feel it strange too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 20:01:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2005-12-22 09:25
But oil is a "big fight" for it. Who pays more get it.

World is smart and changing to smaller cars.
But chinese are smarter, now opting for smaller cars with lesser fuel.

Good joke, Caring.

Chinese still in their majority value the car by a single factor - the volume of the cyllinders. The bigger the better. It will be time, before they get smart. And then ...later...may be....they will get smarter.

BTW these two sentences are funny realy. World is smart but Chinese are smarter , because some of them begin to be as smart as the world is.

From what I see on the streets in China -> SUV debilism and show off is now heads ahead of the smart , city car wisdom. I hope it will change in the following years.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 20:04:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by leeshing at 2006-4-15 21:14
Many cars may cause traffic jams and I think governmet should raise the tax to limit the numbers.  I feel it strange too.

Another, still theoretical possibility is to teach the teachers how to drive and how to teach  the applicants for the driving license, giving them some idea of  this incredibly difficult art.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.