Author: mikeghet

A post dedicated to the Princess of China, Ziyi Zhang [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-23 11:26:44 |Display all floors

Call her your Chinese princess

But she is far from princess of China!
I don't need any source of information about her fakeness.  I just know.
However, I do like most of the movies she started in. To be fair, besides her so-so acting, her kungfu moves are decent.
A quote from Zhang in a recent US TV interview:" When I just met Steven Spielberg, I only knew TWO words: hire me please. hahaha.."
Oh please!

[ Last edited by holidays at 2005-12-23 11:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:23:56 |Display all floors

re; holidays

I hardyl believe your undocumented accusation, nor the the Princess of China!!

[mods]Hey mods, what's going on with my image links???  They're not shoiwng up as embedded images anymore!!!...please advise![/mods]  

[urgent]Hurry too, it's a matter of National Integrity[/urgent]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:39:59 |Display all floors
"""However, I do like most of the movies she started in. To be fair, besides her so-so acting, her kungfu moves are decent."""by holidays

Decent??  

See what askmen.com says about her:

""why we like her?
----------------------------
She's smart, beautiful and can easily destroy our car with her bare feet and hands. Yeah baby! ""  

http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_60/98_zhang_ziyi.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:42:16 |Display all floors
when I seen Rush Hour2, I said:"who is that Chinese chick??  That's the hottest Chinese chick i've ever seen"  That was two years agoa nd it still holds true today...

her in Rush Hour2

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-25 00:46:15 |Display all floors
"A quote from Zhang in a recent US TV interview:" When I just met Steven Spielberg, I only knew TWO words: hire me please. hahaha..""

<Quote>

That's funny...
Well, now we know why she's not a Mathematician...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-25 10:38:53 |Display all floors

Geisha Movie

I just saw that Geisha movie...

Yeah, all the critics were on the mark about this one... it pretty much sucked...

The whole thing was about couple of women trying to outstage each other, not that much different from the novela (Mexican soap opera) I catch every once in a while -- over-the-top, melodramatic.

In a disturbing way, it's kind of like "The Karate Kid:" Zhang Ziyi -- the scrawny kid (the lead), Michelle Yeoh -- Mr. Miyachi, Gong Li -- the high school jock trying to kick the scrawny kid's 8ss...

Unless you're a diehard fan, skip this one...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-27 17:38:06 |Display all floors
observer3 says:

"The whole thing was about couple of women trying to outstage each other, not that much different from the novela (Mexican soap opera) I catch every once in a while -- over-the-top, melodramatic.""

I says, what's wrong with that?? ;-))

Well, I'm going to try and watch it this week sometime and then i'll give my review...

I have a feeling it might be in favor of zhang ziyi...  

Stay tuned for Ziyi Enlightenment!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.