Views: 4174|Replies: 6

Problems In Maths, so funny!!!!! hehe~~ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-15 17:12:04 |Display all floors
Problems In Maths

Little Tommy was doing very badly in math. His parents had tried everything; tutors, flash cards, special learning centers, in short, everything they could think of. Finally in a last ditch effort, they took Tommy down and enrolled him in the local Catholic School.

After the first day, little Tommy comes home with a very serious look on his face. He doesn't kiss his mother hello. Instead, he goes straight to his room & starts studying. Books & papers are spread out all over the room and little Tommy is hard at work. His mother is amazed. She calls him down to dinner and to her shock, the minute he is done he marches back to his room without a word and in no time he is back hitting the books as hard as before. This goes on for sometime, day after day while the mother tries to understand what made all the difference.

Finally, little Tommy brings home his report card. He quietly lays it on the table and goes up to his room and hits the books. With great trepidation, his mom looks at it and to her surprise, little Tommy got an A in math. She can no longer hold her curiosity. She goes to his room and says: "Son, what was it? Was it the nuns?"

Little Tommy looks at her and shakes his head "No".

"Well then", she replies, "was it the books, the discipline, the structure, the uniforms, WHAT was it?".

Little Tommy looks at her and says, "Well, on the first day of school, when I saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I knew they weren't fooling around.

Use magic tools Report

melody has been deleted
Post time 2005-12-15 17:42:13 |Display all floors

leave a mark here, come to see it tomorrow

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-20 20:08:58 |Display all floors

unable to understand its humor, or irony, if any

when I saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I knew they weren't fooling around.
THEY WEREN'T FOOLING AROUND??

What's it?  Who THEY refers to?  I am confused.
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 12:25:53 |Display all floors

they

It's a Catholic school, so the guy nailed to the plus sign was Jesus nailed to a cross, which looks like a plus sign. They = the nuns and teachers, who are known to be very strict in Catholic schools. The idea is that they must have nailed a guy to a plus sign because he didn't do well in math, so they're not fooling around (they take math very seriously)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 17:23:36 |Display all floors

yeah, linjian

freakyqi give you the answer.

hehe, what a lovely child~~,
cracked up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 19:43:27 |Display all floors

Got it! thanks

Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 09:55:15 |Display all floors

Reply #4 freakyqi's post

Plus signs - A good example to scare one for his life
but he will get the bigger meaning
later in life.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.