Author: qimingfu

Discuss a collection of sentences easily stained with chinglish color [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-9 15:18:50 |Display all floors
Great place to improve my english skills.Sometimes i fell a bit difficult to express my thoughts freely/eaisly and correctly/natively.it's good that there are many  native english speakers in the forum,who can point out our wrong unnative expression in english.I believe i will get a lot/benefit from that.

Any amendment on my sentences will be appreciated..

Thanks you all in advance

[ Last edited by wygls007 at 2006-1-9 04:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 16:01:04 |Display all floors
Welcome Wygls007. In the process of learning translation, team spirit in all forms is essential, encouraging words as well as sharp critiques will spur on us, in the end great success emerges ahead in front of our face.

49.英语水平
English proficiency
生活水平
living standard
游泳水平
swimming skill
他的游泳水平还很高
He has become quite good at swimming.
他的英语水平比我高
He knows more English than I.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 04:03:38 |Display all floors
priceless  = no price; it is so valuable it is impossible to put a price on it.

valueless = no value; would mean it has no value, or worth nothing.

I know this seems confusing, us English speaking people also joke about our own language sometimes making no sense, but that's what those above words mean!

I've been busy lately, but I'll be back soon to look at the above phrases, it also helps my Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 11:59:30 |Display all floors
Put aside all formalities, freakqi. We have been friends since we met in the forum. Thanks for your comments again. If time permitted, please give more suggestions.

Wish your dream will come true one day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.