Author: qimingfu

Discuss a collection of sentences easily stained with chinglish color [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-23 11:33:41 |Display all floors
16.在少数民族聚居的地方实行了区域自治。民族地区的经济社会获得不断的发展。
We adopt the policy of regional autonomy in places where are prevalent in ethnic minorities . These region have witnessed continued economic and social development.

In places where there is a high concentration of ethnic minorities regional autonomy is in practice . ...

17.我们进行改革开放的方向是正确的,信念是坚定的,步骤是稳妥地,方式是渐进的,取得成就是巨大的。
We are going in the right direction , firm in conviction, steady in our steps , gradual in our approach when carrying out the reform and opening-up and that we have achieved tremendous successes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:40:01 |Display all floors
18.合营企业一切活动应遵守中华人民共和国法律、法令和有关条例规定。
Joint venture should abyde by (observe) the laws, decrees and pertinent regulations of the People's Republic of China.

Or All activities of a joint venture shall comply with the provisiones of the laws,...

19.掌握针灸不是一件容易的事,非下苦功不可。
It's not easy to master acupuncture unless after using painstaking effort.

Or The mastery of acupunsture is not easy and requires painstaking effort.

20.蹲在苇丛中的青蛙叫得很起劲。
The frogs that crouched among the reeds were shouting in their full efforts(ethusiastically).

21.这二十年的经验告诉我:熟能生巧。
My working experience  in the twenty years teaches ( shows, demonstrates, indicates) that practice makes perfect.

22.目标确定了,从何处着手呢?就要尊重社会经济发展的规律,搞两个开放,一个对外开放,一个对内开放。
Our purpose is clear, how to initiate it? We must follow an open policy both international and domestic ,observing the laws governing social-economic development.

How are we go about achieving these goals? We must observe the laws governing social-economic development and follow an open policy both international and domestic.

[ Last edited by qimingfu at 2005-12-23 12:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 14:17:47 |Display all floors

freakyqi

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-24 04:05:51 |Display all floors
oh, sorry about that canadian45, in the confusion of me not being able to get on CD for a few days I suppose I let it slip away. I remember now, I'll check it out, thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-24 21:40:19 |Display all floors
Chinglish is my old friend. ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-24 22:10:44 |Display all floors
“黄飞鸿” <=> yellow fly red

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-25 00:17:19 |Display all floors
Umm.... or a swan falls through the air and goes "splat"? (sorry, i'm looking up the characters literally)

Can you explain what it means?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.