Author: qimingfu

Discuss a collection of sentences easily stained with chinglish color [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-21 15:41:38 |Display all floors
Teach him a lesson.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 16:03:38 |Display all floors
15.中国水域、草原、山地资源丰富,开发潜力巨大。
China has rich water , grassland, and sloping land resources which have great potential for exploitation.
Or using "be rich in " structure as above.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 06:18:38 |Display all floors
Thank you qimingfu - you're helping me learn Chinese!

It's very difficult. Even if we know what the characters are, we cannot always directly translate them. Chinese is a very difficult language, but I'm going to keep at it! It's difficult, but luckily it's also fun!
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 21:54:56 |Display all floors
no problem !  I will do what i can do for you .

Please  review my English and give me advice .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 07:14:52 |Display all floors
"中国水域、草原、山地资源丰富,开发潜力巨大。
China has rich water , grassland, and sloping land resources which have great potential for exploitation.
Or using "be rich in " structure as above."

--In English we would commonly say "China is rich in water, grassland, etc..."

#2 - "Hale" is a good word for writing a story, and maybe it is used often in the UK or Aust., but it's not used in everyday speech in the US. Some people who are not well-educated might not even know what it means. It's a good word though.

#5 - "His left leg is lame." is a bit shorter and more likely to be said.

#13 - "naked eye" not "eyes" - I'm really not sure why, but that phrase is ALWAYS "naked eye", never plural! I know, I know, we have two eyes! Don't ask me why!
:)

Your English is very good!

you said:
"Long ago I had intention to select some sentences easily colored with chinglish and post here . In order to avoid first impression of false answers , I then just gave out the right ones . That is the reason it arose in your heads ."

Just a few tiny things I would do:
Long ago I had THE intention to select some sentences easily colored with chinglish and post THEM here. In order to avoid first impressionS of false answers, I (no "then") just gave out the right ones. That is the reason it arose in your heads.

Of course I wouldn't capitalize, I did that so you could see the changes. The last word could also be "minds". These are all very small changes. Judging from your writing, you sound very intelligent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 08:14:24 |Display all floors
I learn more from your great amendments . Merry Christmas , Freakqi .

A hard season there , isn't it ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 08:54:57 |Display all floors
Yes...
It's a busy season! Everyone is trying to shop for presents and food... and make food, all while still working. People try to get off work early or skip a day if they can, so they can get things done. I had off earlier this week, so I did all my shopping in one day. It was great to do it during the day when most people are working. The stores are too crowded at night or on weekends, I won't even go at those times!

I think people buy too much. Some people think they need to buy TONS of stuff for people, especially for kids, but I think many people go overboard.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.