Views: 3355|Replies: 2

American studying Mandarin. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-14 12:01:56 |Display all floors
American studying Mandarin. Would like to do Language Exzchange.

Visit the Link below for details.

CLICK HERE

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-7 01:44:17 |Display all floors
I am an MA of Chinese language teaching in a middle school in Chinese. Distinct from common teachers at the same post, I regard Chinese language as the bearer of Chinese history and culture;and so I read many books about them. This brings me lots of pleasure. I am glad to help anyone who is learning Chinese, in either the language itself or matters connected.

The primary problem in my English is the limited vocabulary. This is realed in 3 aspects: first, many mords common in use have not I known. I know you cannot help on this. It wants tough work to enlarge.

Secondly, many words have their particular collocation with others.I'm often puzzled about it. For example, we say 'my English vocabulary is not large' in positive sentences as '我的英语词汇量(很)小 /(比)较小(and sometimes as' 我的英语词汇量有限')'.we used the word '小',there are nearly no more alternatives.

I know 'my English vocabulary is large/extensive/limited' is ordenary  speech,but whether or not 'my English vocabulary is small' is regular or at least 'acceptable'?

The other as frequent issue as the above is the collocation of abundant vs./ns./adjs. with the preps./particles.

The third is that there are plentiful synonyms in English. I am always wondering whatever image a certain word gives the reader or listener while the other gives a different one.

There is a correlative problem that many words can be replaced by phrases and the phrases are very plentiful in English, while I know phrases less than the simple words.

I hope these problems will be resolved by time goes,and help from you are welcome.

My Yahoo ID is yhemusa and E-mail yhemusa@yahoo.com.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 12:17:40 |Display all floors
I  have the same awful problem  with you,even more terrible than you.Ofentimes i feel a bit difficult  to select a  appropriate/correct word or phrase when expressing some words.Wow,I dislike  this kind of painful feeling at all,but I really wonder if there is a handy way to resolve this problem.Maybe it  needs a long-term practice for me...

Are there some kindly native english speakers who would like to help us?Any amendment/correction to my sentences or any suggestions will be appreciated/welcome..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.