Views: 28379|Replies: 80

Stop using Japanese goods [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-13 21:03:18 |Display all floors
It is my propound.

A small island where wild animals were once helped by our old ancestor and then founded a riffraff nation.

But sixty years ago they invaded our country , killed our people and depredated our wealth, now they are coming China again and starting their New economic invading !

So we should stop using Japanese goods and support our national industry!!

[ Last edited by CyhLOVEgjh at 2005-12-14 08:07 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 14:47:54 |Display all floors

Boycott Japanese investments as well?

"前门拒虎,后们入狼." (qian men ju hu, hou men ru lang.  Resist the tigers at the front door while wolfes are entering through the back door.)

Boycotting Japanese goods is no longer effective in voicing out our discontent at Japan government.

This is because some of the Chinese assets will be controlled by Japanese firms. For example, the listing of railways for foreign ownership. Patriotic Chinese have protested foreign ownership of Chinese railroads some 100 years ago. Today, the selling out of railway networks will grant foreigners such as the Japanese a "scrotal scrutch" on Chinese economy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-19 22:53:30 |Display all floors

Reply #1 CyhLOVEgjh's post

Matter of fact, this tactic does not work today, since we could not make a clear distinction between Japanese and Chinese good. Say, if I bought a chinese brand TV set, its color tube was actually manufactured by a japanese firm or China-Japan joint venture. How could I bought a TV set without a color tube?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-20 03:03:20 |Display all floors

Boycott

Originally posted by CyhLOVEgjh at 2005-12-13 21:03
It is my propound.

A small island where wild animals were once helped by our old ancestor and then founded a riffraff nation.

But sixty years ago they invaded our country , killed our people  ...

You don't want to go down that road, trust me. We tried the same thing here in the U.S. back in the 90s, and it didn't work. All we ended up doing was to raise the over all price of goods for American consumers, effectively sending the U.S. economy into inflation. The most ironic part was, since many Japanese products were manufactured in the U.S. and many of them contain parts manufactured by American firms, we ended up hurting American workers and businesses.

[ Last edited by observer3 at 2005-12-22 12:58 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 23:46:37 |Display all floors

Doesn't work

Yup, observer speaketh the truth. Boycotts don't work. And, to be honest, I can't see a sizeable minority of Chinese people (let alone a majority) boycott anything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:45:41 |Display all floors

My extreme words

From above speaking,  this topic is extreme now ,I feel.
But the japanese is so blankety-blank!  A Japanese Foreign Minister's zany instigated "China Threat". Of course , not all Japanese people like this yellow dog!
In general, small country, small bosom!

Use magic tools Report

zn_loogen has been deleted
Post time 2005-12-23 19:33:04 |Display all floors

just remember

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.