Views: 4171|Replies: 4

do chinese women admire a husband by his occupation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-6 22:16:58 |Display all floors
I want to know if chinese women like to be married to a guy whose job has a social status.Another question.What do chinese think about doctors.Is the job of a doctor considered as a job of status?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-7 16:32:05 |Display all floors

my learning

I want to know if chinese women like to be married to a guy whose job has a social status.Another question.What do chinese think about doctors.Is the job of a doctor considered as a job of status?

1. chinese women do like to be married to a guy whose job has a social status and earn a high money. that is why i am still single and have been forsaked for several times.  
2.when it comes to doctor, we used to thinking about it is a wealthy and comfortable occupation, and has a comparatively high social status.
hehe, eva, from your recently post, i got to know that u were really devoted to the chinese guy. so good luck to you. i hope you two will have a good future and enjoy yourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-7 17:02:39 |Display all floors

I hope not

There are a myriad of women in this world and depending if they had good parents to teach them morals and values they wouldn't solely judge a person by their job. They can certainly admire but to classify people by profession is immoral. A job is a job, it's what you like to do in an ideal situation and people should consider other aspects of social status. A street cleaner should be as appreciated as any profession, ask yourself the question, would you choose to do it with the circumstances they have? If you would, I admire you because you contribute to society. If you choose a different occupation solely because you want to be considered better than everyone else, I feel you love yourself too much and wear a hat too big a fit for your head and you need to come down to earth where you really are otherwise others are going to help you to do it.

As for the doctor question, it's a responsibilitty and responsibility has advantages and disadvantages and not just a job for status. It's like any job, it's responsibility. What is a high status is a job you've sincerely chosen because this is the best way you contribute to society for everyone's benefit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-8 14:55:42 |Display all floors

love and money , why not....

In China,most women would like to marry those they love no matter what their husbands' occupation are  , but of course it will be better if their husbands have good jobs, stable income.....   BUt usually women get to know those who share the similar interests and education background. That will be easier  for them to communicate. Sure, there are some exceptions, who seek money , apperance, good socail status........

Yes. in most women's eye, a social status/ a good job  means that they can live a more decent life . Doctor  can be considered a good job in China. Although we cann't classify the ppl by their occupations,.....

Everyone should be entitled to a decent wage/standard of living.  We all hope to live happily with love and money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 02:09:58 |Display all floors

Hi folks.

Dear Evapapa:

Many years ago, I attended a Chinese New Year Banquet. A Chinese lady was introduced to me as the “wife” of a medical doctor.
Later, I asked myself (quietly) “Why does she want to live under her husband’s shadow?” “Does she have her own identity?”. I was kind of felt sad for her. But she appeared very happy. And further, it was none of my business anyway!

Recently, I attended another Chinese functions with lots of PhDs and Doctors. Their wives didn’t refer themselves as the “wife” of a doctor. In fact, some of the wives are PhDs and professionals themselves.

As there are more and more highly educated women coming out from University and other educational systems in China, the traditional roles of a Chinese woman will change radically from a male-dominant culture to a society of gender equity. In my view, Changes have occurred many years ago and continue to advance as evident from my own experiences.

Should a husband/wife be proud of his/her mate’s achievements? I would think so. Should a woman marry to fame and richness or should love be the only criteria for marriage? I would hope that, in the absence of any prejudice or social judgment, the woman has the right to decide for herself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.