Author: lzs73jack

Help! Help! We are friends. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-22 13:14:05 |Display all floors
Oh yeah, sinful - thank you - Maybe tomorrow I'll look up microsoft pinyin. I don't know what that is.

You said "where there's a will there's a way" - Well, my last name means "will", so hopefully I have it in me!

So what should I do if I don't want people to laugh at my Chinese???
I'm always told my pronunciation is good, but I also know people like to be polite!

I will definitely try to always use the right tones. I think one reason it's difficult is that in English our tones express our emotions, so it's difficult to force the tone of a word against our instincts at first. It is natural for us to let our tones go all over the place! Restricting them is like restricting our emotions or intention. Think about that, it's an interesting difference.

But lately I've been getting the hang of it. I really try to FEEL a word. I imagine the feeling of what it means, saying it with the right tone, then eventually I can't imagine it being said any other way and I don't have to think about it too much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 13:22:12 |Display all floors
well..freakqi..try to rent some chinese movies..so you can replay it .. so more practise...

i thnk the only way to be good at one language is practise, practise and practise..and maybe you shall go to china..given a good environment is important to learn language...

anyways..good luck with you!
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 14:01:41 |Display all floors

gosh

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2005-12-22 13:02
Often when I hear Chinese people speak, it goes so fast I can't hear the tones. And SOMETIMES if I ask Chinese people what tone a word is, they have to think about it and they're often wrong!!!   ...

I feel my English much better campared with your Chinese!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 14:57:58 |Display all floors

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2005-12-22 12:08
correct you...freakqi is female..lol...not a male..=(....

Is gender so important?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 15:01:25 |Display all floors

imitation

Originally posted by winddancer at 2005-12-22 12:49
I found most foreigners speak Chinese --- terrible!
it's not coz their pronunciation terribly but their tones. How to say a Chinese Character or a whole sentence in righ tones ? it's very importan ...

Since you think the key is imitation,why do you regard most foreigners' tones are terrible?!As you know,chinese have many different local tones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-22 15:07:13 |Display all floors

strange and humous

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2005-12-22 13:04
eh..i just mean that when caucasians speak mandarin..they just make me laugh my head off...killing me..lol

I like you.I hear some new sayings from you.Are these correct?How long has you taken to learn English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-23 12:47:06 |Display all floors
eh...start learnign english from age 5...eh...then sent to aust do my study...have been here since 2000...but my englihs is just ok...freak qi is better..as she is native speker...lol
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.