Author: lzs73jack

Help! Help! We are friends. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-9 11:22:40 |Display all floors

continuing

I had lived in Bejing for four years when I was in my univercity.In my veiw,Beijing is worh its reputation as a captial.Newjork is the biggest city in America,which I've learnt it from books and films.But I thing the weather in America is better than that in China---I drew the conclusion when I was just a middle school student and I think it is more suitable for agricultre.Do you agree with me?
Wuhan's weather is bad,which is famous in China--cold,chilly and long in winter,hot  and dry in summer;spring and autumn are nice but they are too short,only 1-2 months respectively.Thers is a saying that Wuhan locatelites are bad-tempered,and maybe it is relative to that kind of weather.If you have chance to be here,you can check it is correct or wrong.
Snow scene is beartiful.In Wuhan,there are only 1-2 snows each year and it is not thick,only several days long before it melts.So many people trip to North China,such as Harlbin,Jiling and Beijing,to enjoy winter scenes and sports.
if you want to know more about China or Wuhan,I am glad to do so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 11:24:00 |Display all floors

HI Freakqi

It is a really terrible thing----I have written so much but there is something wrong with my computer and everything is lost.
Thank you for your correction.Do you think my English is chinese english?
Wuhan is one of the biggest cities in China.It had been regarded as "orential Chicargo" in the late 19th,for it is located in the meeting of the Yangtze River and its largest branch Han River.Besides,it had Chinese  largeset iron factory and  arsenal at that time.Thus Wuhan is devided into three parties:Wuchang District,Hankou District and Hanyang District.I am living in Wuchang District,where many Chinese univercities lie.And there are a lot of foreign students studying and experts working here.Just because Wuhan lies in the middle of Chian,it's economy has been developing at a  relatively low speed recently.I thing Wuhan would develop into the biggest city in the Middle China in the coming fifteen years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 11:32:58 |Display all floors

The net does not work well

I have met the net problems three times.Each time something is lost.I have to pay attention to the cotent's simplicity.OK?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 12:12:14 |Display all floors

I think it's your lunchtime... for me it's bedtime!

I'm sorry to hear your message got deleted. That's happened to me here too. Sometimes if we take too long to write, we get logged out. Before I click "submit", I always "copy" what I'm about to send in case it disappears.  

You asked if I think your English is Chinese English - I can tell English is not your native language, but your sentence structure is much better than many people who are still learning English. One thing Chinese people often do is keep the Chinese sentence structure, making a big long sentence with too many commas, but you don't do that.

One thing that would make me think you're a Chinese writer is that you don't put a space after a period or comma. It must be a difficult habit to get into, because I see this with many Chinese people. It makes a big difference in how English-speaking people will perceive your level of English.

Ok, here's an assignment: Write to me about who's in your family, and put spaces in the right places! I think you know where the spaces are supposed to go, it's just a matter of habit. Give it a try and I'll tell you if you're right.

My Chinese is still very bad, but I'll say a few things I can say about my family:
我有姐姐,哥哥,和 一个儿子. 我哥哥住在我爸爸的房子, 我姐姐有husband 和一个
儿子. 我打(?)太极拳,也我是中文学生, 可是我的中文不好! 也许你能帮我吗?

I probably sound like my textbook. Maybe you can write it how you would say it if you were talking casually to a person.

(I see you just wrote again - I'll answer your post "continuing" separately)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 12:29:20 |Display all floors

interesting...

I'm surprised to hear that Wuhan gets cold. By looking at the map I would think it was pretty far south and wouldn't get cold. Is it mountainous or flat?

I always thought New York was big until I realized how big some of China's cities are. I visited last May, but I wish I could have stayed longer. I visited Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai and Hangzhou. We only stayed 2-3 days in each. I thought the people were friendliest in Xi'an and Hangzhou. I think it's fairly common that people don't always seem as friendly in bigger cities in any country.

Next year I want to live & work in China for a year, and I'm pretty sure it will be in Beijing. It will be strange living in such a big city for me, but it will be comforting knowing some people will speak English and there is such a variety of things there. I think I'll be able to find food I'll like and my son will have plenty of things to do. And of course there are so many historical and cultural things to see. That's why I would pick Beijing. Maybe someday when I can speak Chinese really well and my son is away at college I can live in a more remote area of China for a little while. I think that would be interesting.

It's late here for me, but luckily I don't have to get up early tomorrow, so that's why I spent so much time on the computer tonight! Talk to you later!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 09:27:43 |Display all floors

I'm back!

Apparently they lost me when they fixed the website! So now I have a slightly new name, but it's still me.

How was my Chinese up there? Please fix it so it would sound like normal conversation, and write me something about yourself for me to fix. (plus we'll be learning about each other)
:)
freakyqi8=freakyqi. Had to start over when they fixed the site.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 15:20:46 |Display all floors

Hi Jack - Don't type too long stories.

If you leave to go somewhere, it will log out so the posts is lost.

So make sure you send as soon as possible(ASAP)
when it is ready. Prepare your story line beforehand so that you don't use too much time thinking how to construct the lines.

Welcome to CD!!!

Kind regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.