Views: 6713|Replies: 4

Dear tony-li, where is my post criticising HSY translation contest? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-5 17:02:48 |Display all floors
Is it not fit for this forum? Or you've been ordered to take it off?

IMHO, that reference translation is out and out Chinglish and just fit for this place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-5 18:34:12 |Display all floors

criticising HSY translation contest

Utterly unbeliveable! A thread which offer one the most in depth and insightful analysis on C-E translation just vanish like this, without explanation! Surely, after so many years of opening-up, t his can not be!

If one's translation is deemed to have been unfairly criticised, the forum can always invite him/her to defend his work.

Total eradication of the thread not only give the impression that some are beyond criticism, it also insults all those who had contributed to the argument.

Let's pray that the removal is unintentional, but a temporary technical problem while the system is being updated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-6 06:38:42 |Display all floors

i have a copy of the contents and URL of the thread. here is the link address:

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forumpost.shtml?toppid=490491

i have tried this link and found the thread does exist.

and i believe the reference translation author should deserve the harsh criticism for his incompetent reading of the chinese litereture of certain styles and lack of basic english writing skills, given the high status of the HSY translation contest  (as the biggest of the kind) in China and the authorities entrusted to him to judge the contestants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-8 05:37:06 |Display all floors

mysteriously, the counter shows only 3 replies while it actually has 20 replies

对第十七届“韩素音青年翻译奖”赛(汉译英)的批评 at http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forumpost.shtml?toppid=490491

why the above thread shows a "Replies=3" on the Contents page while the same thread displays 20 replies when you click in at this moment?

a total of 17 replies are missing from the counter.

thank you!

Use magic tools Report

meggie has been deleted
Post time 2005-12-12 11:35:54 |Display all floors

sorry for this inconvenience

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.