Author: spiritrace

An interesting subject came up in our house tonight....... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-14 21:41:47 |Display all floors

CD is so wonderful that we can share pictures..........

It's pity i don't have a garden......   

Spiritrace, i saw a msg you left for me, but cann't find it now...

You bring autumne to the winter ...  May you always happy with your garden!!!!!!!!

[ Last edited by hearthome at 2005-12-14 09:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 00:26:43 |Display all floors

hearthome, I was going to email you the photos

But thanks to the wisdom of caring I found out how to post photos. The most important part of growing things is water and sunshine. Too much water will rot the roots and it will die, too little water and it will die. Mushrooms need just the right amount of light to grow but not too much. Most of the plants in my yard are wild. Wild berries, apples roses and such. Many are native to my area. I could never grow delicate flowers as those found in Singapore. If you have a window with sunshine then you can grow some food. The joy is in seeing it grow and harvesting it's fruits. Many of my plants are medicinal. I use them for myself. The deer will not eat my hot peppers but they love my tomatos so I built a small greenhouse. You have to start growing things to learn. Take it one step at a time. Do some research. Get a book, ask questions. You will find you have a favorite flower or vegetable. That means you  have a natural need for those favorites to fulfill a nutritional need or psychological need.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 06:26:46 |Display all floors

great pics!

Thanks for all those pictures! My tiny bit of property (which I only rent) is almost entirely shade. Any suggestions? I tossed some shade wildflower seeds around two years ago and some of them looked pretty good this year, but I'd like to grow food.
RIght now I've been in the mood for green peppers and cherry tomatoes, maybe I need vi^^inC! A stir-fry with tofu, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, lots of garlic, soy sauce, sizzling in spicy hot oil... mmm. Easy & yummy.
You made me hungry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 09:05:58 |Display all floors

i think i need to try.........

i have three windows with strong sunshine ,especially in summer.  I just grow some plants in the rooms.  But a bit hard to grow vegetables because i must hang them out....  My balcony has no sunshine ...
But i think i need to try and learn....   

i like wild , natural  flowers and vegetables.  Especially flowers..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 09:31:36 |Display all floors
Ok, Here's a wild flower. A big un.
Mvc-001s.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 09:33:59 |Display all floors
I got the seeds of these wild flowers at the 11,000 foot level of the mountain I live near. They bloomed all summer. My front yard. I have snow peas mixed with the wild flowers.
Mvc-002s.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 09:50:05 |Display all floors

the Purple and blue ( ? ) flowers....

wow!  .....crazy  about the flowers....

What's the name of the flower?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.