Author: spiritrace

An interesting subject came up in our house tonight....... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-14 13:47:08 |Display all floors

Spiritrace! it's me, it's me!

Do you recognize me with my new name??? Boy, did I have trouble with the new system. But here I am, labeled a "newcomer". Oh well.

I hope you figure out how to post pictures so we can see your garden. Every year I say I'm going to start a garden and I never get to it. I don't have much space, and almost no sun.

If I figure out pictures, I'll let ya know.

peace

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 13:52:55 |Display all floors

HK, I sent you the photos....

Beijing Cabbage? Is there another name for it? Also Ginger will not grow here. It will sprout but then stops growing once the sprouts are a half inch long. I have a problem with altitude, growing season and cold. I start my Snow Peas in March and they love the weather here. But some of the other plants do not do well at all.
   I grow 30 varieties of Hot Pepper and about 5-6 varieties of the Cayenne species. I have a couple from China that also do OK but not great. Again the climate is not the best. I had one year that the Habanero peppers grew as big as my fist. They also grew upside down. Very strange. One pepper was so hot that I had to cut it 500 times with other ingredients before we could eat it. My Chinese daughter can eat any pepper but this one made her sweat and that was after dilution. I have never had any more of them. Once in a lifetime event I guess.
   Sesame will also not do well here. It will sprout and grow but not bear seeds. With the climate cooling down as it has been I have to resort to more cold weather plants. We still have about 200  Hot Peppers inside the house with some cherry tomatos also. Since it has been -25F for the past week even the plants inside are not happy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 14:09:10 |Display all floors

Thxs Clay for the photos.

I try to attach the Oysters to CD.
When click reply, one will see"Browse".
Before that save your picture into a drive example C:drive hard disk
Click Browse, click your file and it will show the path.
Send and depends on CD moderaters for censorship for obvious reasons, your post shld appear in 1/2 to 2-or 4 hours time.

So hoe homehearth and Freakyqi can enjoy the pictures and gardens.

Freakyi - newcomer is the grading CD gives to each members.
I think 2000 replies/creditys is senior member, >500 junior
>100 primary >100 newcomer.

There is one super ie coolmax.

Do believe the big red fish in my avatar is true.The person is not me but someone from my company.
Anyone enjoy fishing besides gardening???

Kind regards
Oysters.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 14:30:18 |Display all floors
Partially failed crop of pumpkins
Mvc-002s.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 14:38:17 |Display all floors
Tried to get the shrooms growing in their box but it would not post so here is one of them that will probably post........
Mvc-004s.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 14:47:13 |Display all floors
OK, just one more picture of my back yard stuff........Then I'm going to bed, it's midnight.....
Mvc-003s.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 21:40:42 |Display all floors

Thanks ..... Many thanks for caringhk and spiritrace.....

I love all of the photoes. They are so charming and cute..... the big red fish--- such big ... i never saw this type of fish before.....     Oyster --- just like a kind of mushroom..., the real mushroom from spiritrace's garden even with some earth on it... so fresh...  . The cute pumpkins and beautiful yellow roses impressive me most.  How lovely the pumpkins and the naughty owner ( are you , spiritrace ?  ha ha ha.... ) !  How beautiful the roses are ! I wonder how can you run your garden so well and do you have some special tips for growing plants....

So curious to know.......

I take them all as the Christmass gifts.  Do both of you agree ........?

Spiritrace took the pictures even at midnight........ .     Many thanks.

Peace

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.