Views: 3216|Replies: 0

Will Le Pen become French President in 2007? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-11 11:13:28 |Display all floors
Le Pen is the leader of the "National Front" party, also called FN. He is known to be racist and antisemite. Nevertheless in 2002, he got 17% of the votes and went to the 2nd round of the elections. He ultimatelly was beaten by Chirac...

France is having hard times those days as illustrated by the recent riots in Paris. You can add to the list: the 2002 elections, the opposition to the Irak War which was a big hit to the French-US friendship, the "NO" to the European referendum... and also the pathetic loss of the 2012 Olympics.

All that make France a country in which I do not encourage anyone to go or live. Violence between people, unemployment, ambiant pessimism are difficult to endure in everyday life. That is the reason why I decided to live in China... and that young frenchmen with diploma also choose to leave.

But back to the point, I consider that things are going so bad curently in France that an election of Le Pen in 2007 although unprobable is not impossible. What is your opinion?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.