Views: 2295|Replies: 2

Chinese funeral ceremony is a mistery for me... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-11 10:08:53 |Display all floors
I ask the question because there have been a death in the flat in front of mine.

The door of the flat was open and I could saw the dead body laying on the bed with relatives arround. There were music, "revolutionary" like music I would say.

In front of the door, there was flowers and candles. In front of the building, flowers again, white ones with message.

I didn't see when the body was removed but in front of the building I saw that a fire had been made.

Very strange. I don't understand what is the meaning of all that? Today, I don't know where is the body. I guess it has been buried somewhere, or burnt?

Can someone explain all this to me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-11 11:18:07 |Display all floors

Mystery

The door of the flat was open and I could saw the dead body laying on the bed with relatives arround. There were music, "revolutionary" like music I would say.

Buddhist or Taoist music!!!

In front of the door, there was flowers and candles. In front of the

building, flowers again, Symbol of farewell

white ones with message.
Condolence msg

I didn't see when the body was removed but in front of the building I saw that a fire had been made.

Fire for cremation!!!

Very strange. I don't understand what is the meaning of all that? Today, I don't know where is the body. I guess it has been buried somewhere, or burnt? Don't worry, cremation seems to solve all the space problem.
May the person return to the Buddhaland one would say.

Kind regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-11 11:22:10 |Display all floors

where were you......

where did it happen? in countryside? south or north ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.