Views: 3816|Replies: 5

My effective working time at the office: 1h/day (same as you!) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-1 09:14:10 |Display all floors
So ok, you have an office with a table, a chair and a computer. You have a boss and nice colleagues. You may even have a car payed by your Company.

But do you really have a job?

I ask the question because since I have started to "work" in 1998, I really never... worked!

When at the office, I spend most of my time reading the news on the net, sending emails, chatting with colleagues, drinking at the coffe machine. I estimate my real working time at less than 1 hour/day.

Why? I guess it is all comming from this modern form of management where employees, engineers, managers... just do paperworks.

When the two towers of the WTC collapsed, what did we see flying in the air? It was dust and : paper. Those two towers were filled with tons and tons of papers than anyway noone would have red.

So I tell you : Offices should be fleed!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 09:50:23 |Display all floors

Paper shift

When the Towers  of the World Trade Center collapsed !!!!!
I felt life itself  fall, what about paper? This was life taken, people doing ordinary jobs, they were their jobs this was life as they had known it to be
Very sad for your office you spend so little time for anyone else. For what purpose do you think you were born? Everyday is an opportunity...go forth and prosper not make more paper

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 10:27:39 |Display all floors

It is wrong

Appart from lifes lost in the 11/9 tragedy you dont remember the streets of NY covered with papers? Sounds like we didn't watch the same pictures.

Back to my point, since 1998 I have changed more than 7 times of  "working environment", read : boss, project, country...

Everytime it has been the same. Nothing to do! Just seat on a chair and wait. And it is the same for the majority of "white collar" jobs. So why is it taboo?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 10:31:39 |Display all floors

And more...

And it is not surprising that when a Company decides to reduce cost, thousands of employees are fired the same day. Were they really usefull? Sounds like they were not.

Look around you in your office, I am sure you can make a long, long list of people who do not worth their salary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 12:17:46 |Display all floors

paper shift

I hear you best in your catigorey "modern management shift" these are times of the future however can anyone of us stop time...
certinally not for those whose lives were lost in 9 11.
beware of  a simple outlook . Media photos aside live life amoung the living honor your past and for those who gave a life was not just to shift paper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 12:55:07 |Display all floors

then some

Reduction nothing new..unless you have need < U.S. never reduces come on that's not new.
Ok cut backs but in my line of healthcare those were folks  was ready to farm in pasture.
This does not seem to be your focus.
I  encourage outlook:  that is all we have as for those gone ahead
@ 9 11 bless the past not the paper

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.