Author: aliens

why the long fingernails? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-9 03:39:29 |Display all floors

Now the not so good things about long finger nails....

The number one problem is dirt, and fecal material....contamination.

cutting or stabbing a baby while changing his/her clothes or washing the baby.

Get caught on fabrics.

Hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard.

Not doing things because of the fear of breaking the fingernails.

In some cultures long fingernails are considered feminine.

Generally they get in the way of doing things. But dirt is the biggest problem and can be very dangerous. Restaurant workers should have trimmed nails. Contamination of food is a serious problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-9 13:39:45 |Display all floors

You only need enough

I wouldn't be able to box and train. I keep my nails overhanging my fingers by the smallest fraction of a millimetre, enough to pick sticky tape off the roll but practical enough for clenching a fist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 07:57:57 |Display all floors

I know it is secret message in our school for gay man

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-15 13:57:11 |Display all floors

Poor guys

Quite an unreasonable suggestion but I really pity those guys that walk away from you everytime they catch you looking at the hands of guys in hope of long nails

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-16 08:57:47 |Display all floors

Yes this one got away to his nose prefer

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

-Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.
Marcus Aurelius Antonius

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-19 18:22:23 |Display all floors

Funny topic

especially the pic above me, ha

I have long nails on my little fingers sometimes, but I don't think it has that much cultural bearings to just wear long nails. However, it might be true that some guys do that to show girls he is not too macho, rough, -- you know, girls might get scared by those sometimes.

the topic inspires me to rethink about my hidden intentions to wear long nails. I guess I do that partly to show that my figures are long, though it's already long, hehe

people do that out of different purposes whatsoever. I have a friend having long nails on his right little finger only to clean the meat or leek left in his teeth after meals, haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-9 21:23:04 |Display all floors
And what is your reason to grow pinky nails? And why just the pinkies?

I grow out all my nails, but my pinkies are just twice as longer than the others (20 cm = 8 inches). And really, somehow they are more "sexy" than the others:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.