Views: 28153|Replies: 20

why the long fingernails? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-10-26 21:46:51 |Display all floors
i am curious to why some men, young an old, have these long (have to admit mostly well manicured...) fingernails?

is it the male version of the east asian females not wanting a tan?

i mean, is that a way of showing you don't have to work woth your hands, in the same way as being very white skinned shows you don't have to work outdoors?....

enlighten me :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-26 23:30:59 |Display all floors

ah

i dunno know neither, tho i m chinese,,,,
maybe they r lazy
and,,, this laziness turned into fashion
haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-27 17:12:12 |Display all floors

why

why men wear earrings? why women wear high-heel shoes?
why women dye their hairs? Why girls have painting on nails

They've too much time to take care of their appearance. they want to be "attractive".
men with long fingernails? is it common as men wearing earrings?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-27 19:35:06 |Display all floors

my view

it's no any reason just habit. every one has different  habit. so we shoud respect everyone's habit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-27 20:57:05 |Display all floors

~~~~~~~~

Don't amaze about such things.i just don't understand why so many yong men have shoulder-length hair.?Anyway, it's their way of life, so let themselves decide it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-29 17:28:38 |Display all floors

bt

disgusting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-1 18:44:40 |Display all floors

not just in china

this is not just an occurence in china, I saw it a lot when i was living in america (and before that the carribean) and over there they caled it a coke nail - so that when using the drug on the go you could scoop up a little on your nail (normally on the little finger) or when visiting a dealer you can scoop a little as a taster.

I know not all of the guys with these nails have it for this purpose... but that is one of the reasons for it in the west. that i have seen.

Hope this helps a little.

insp

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.