Author: bchung

whats your dream? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-4 23:25:22 |Display all floors

mmm

Are you sure you should be mentioning peasants like that?  Mao certainly wouldn't approve.  

Lau had a dream, it was to become a pharmacist.  He succeeded.  Congratulations.   I bet it's been great, especially in Singapore.  

I've been to Singabore twice; the second time for long enough to get to Malaysia (three hours after touchdown form London).  You see Dear Reader, besides shopping, working, and obeying the draconian laws; there are only three things you can do in Singabore:

1)  Visit Raffles and curse those British Imperialists for creating the dullest place on earth.  

2) Visit an 'entertainmant' island (by cable car) which has a nice aquarium and curse yourself for being reduced to going there.  

3) Visit Lau's pharmacy to snort some powdered tiger cock and curse yourself for bothering to go to Singabore.  

I'm not lying Dear Reader, there's nothing else to do in Singabore.  Forget drinking unless you want to take out a mortgage and besides you're probably breaking some rules (always best to assume so in Singabore).   

Singaboreans work, go shopping, and die.  All these functions they perform in the most spectacularly wholesome way.   Sure you can have fun, the sort of fun they show in adverts.  

Dear Reader, speaking as a well-travelled man there's nothing I wouldn't do to avoid living in Singabore.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-5 13:18:56 |Display all floors

seems this thread was doing just fine

...until people got cynical.

Addmittedly: I often suffer from the same disease.  

And it's a fine line between cynicism and schmaltz.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-5 13:33:59 |Display all floors

rich

i only want to be a rich man, very rich man.
this is my dream!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.