Views: 1980|Replies: 3

could you give me a hand [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-22 18:03:16 |Display all floors
who can tell me the difference between self-confidence  and self-assurance ,especially their use

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-22 20:14:25 |Display all floors

confidense,and assurance.no difference

Hi,in theCollins Thesaurus,under confidence,there is assurance,also under assurance,there is confidence,so they are one of the same.A Thesaurus,which you can call up on a computer,is not the same as a dictionary,it gives you all the words that mean the same thing,for example,nearly = almost = aproximately,and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-23 03:42:51 |Display all floors

perhaps a subtle difference

Sometimes, in english, there is a subtle difference, where we think that self assurance is more inward, a thing of the heart and the mind; while self confidence is is more outwardly directed, a thing which can be seen physical interaction.

Self confidence carries with it a little bit of expectation, while self assurance implies trust.

But, this is a subtle thing, and they are almost the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-23 09:55:48 |Display all floors

i have got it

thank you very much,i have got it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.