Views: 4855|Replies: 9

本人在做中翻英作业,作业没有标准答案。小弟水平低,自己做,又没有答案,就没有提高 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-10 20:27:03 |Display all floors
我,中翻英相当蹩脚。高手帮我看看有什么缺点。词法,或者句法什么的。直说好了。

1. 我不能想象他到了这般年纪怎么会想到攻读研究生。
I can’t image why the idea of readying for graduate course at such an age could strike him.

2.我看得出吉米急着想告诉我他面试的情况,他笑着说当我走到写字台旁边,那位经理抬起头来打量我一番,问了我几个问题,便说了声ok。
        It is obvious that Jimmy is anxious to tell me about his interview. Smiling, he said, “when I arrived at the desk, the manager look up at me and asked me several questions, then said ‘OK!’.”

3 将军实际上被软禁在家,他以国画书法为寄托,在水墨中找到了平静和安慰。The general was actually arrested in his home; however, he deposited his feeling in the traditional Chinese painting and Chinese Calligraphy and also found calmness and solace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-10 20:35:11 |Display all floors

高手到谈不上, 但是这句好象有点鳖

I can’t image why the idea of readying for graduate course at such an age could strike him.
----I can;t imagine how could he possibly striked by the idea of studying the graduate course.
只做参考! 呵呵!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-10 20:40:01 |Display all floors

a try

(1) 我不能想象他到了这般年纪怎么会想到攻读研究生。

I just wonder, at a age like his, how it occurs to him to strive for futher study as a graduate.

(2) .我看得出吉米急着想告诉我他面试的情况,他笑着说当我走到写字台旁边,那位经理抬起头来打量我一番,问了我几个问题,便说了声ok。

It was clear that Jimmy was impatient about telling me the situation when he was interviewed. " When approching the secretaire, the manager lifted his head to get a load of me, and having asked several questions, he noded a OK",  he said, with a smile.

(3) 将军实际上被软禁在家,他以国画书法为寄托,在水墨中找到了平静和安慰。
The general was actually under house arrest, but by engaging himself in the traditional Chinese painting and calligraphy, he found peace of mind and comfort.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-10 20:43:29 |Display all floors

Good! I think yours is better than mine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-11 00:32:41 |Display all floors

as it is a free end exercise, i take advantage to translate with a free style...

>>I can't imagine how a person at his age could have such a crazy idea as to set up for getting a postgraduate degree.
>>Given his age, it is really a crazy idea (that) he thinks about getting into a postgraduate degree program.

2.我看得出吉米急着想告诉我他面试的情况,他笑着说当我走到写字台旁边,那位经理抬起头来打量我一番,问了我几个问题,便说了声ok。
>>Jimmy was eager to tell me (about) the interview. He said amusingly, “when I walked to his desk, the manager barely raised his head to look at me. After a few seconds, he began to ask me some questions and then finished the interview with a simple 'OK!'"  

3 将军实际上被软禁在家,他以国画书法为寄托,在水墨中找到了平静和安慰。
>>Actually, the general was in a house arrest. Looking for ways to kill time, he began to learn Chinese painting and calligraphy, and eventually found peace and comfort in his practicing of art.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-11 00:49:51 |Display all floors

note the flow of thought of the third sentence is not so smooth.

there are missing links when you translate the chinese into an intermediate language-- not really a language but illusions made of linked concepts. and it is these illusions that you need to translate as source to the target language. you don't translate directly from chinese to english, for the gap is way too wide to cross.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-11 01:08:43 |Display all floors

以国画书法为寄托

邯郸学步: follow the foot steps of nydela.

3 将军实际上被软禁在家,他以国画书法为寄托,在水墨中找到了平静和安慰。
>>In reality, the general was under house arrest.Seeking solace in Chinese painting and calligraphy, he eventually found peace and comfort.

p.s. again I have to agree to Nydela's comment above!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.