Author: roshi86

german student looking for friends [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-15 21:25:35 |Display all floors

...very interesting...

@ fankeqian
When you read through this forum, live a long time in China then maybe you can understand the reaction of katewannab21.
And, what is behind  your statemant "the girls in hangzhou are the most beautiful in whole of china"?
What is beautiful? Maybe 身体, but not 心. What is more important for you?

"in our culture/germany it is 100 % normal to introduce himself by telling something about his weight, height."
Are you sure? I know this only from "special" announcements.

@ zpiqin
When in China do as the Chinese do [;-)]:
- Where you come from?
- How old you are?
- Are you married? (Have you Children?)
- Do you have a girlfriend?
- How much do you earn?

Btw.: Why so many chinese men are married and have a girlfriend?
中国男人是花花公子吗? [;-)]

andreas /  安迪

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-15 23:59:04 |Display all floors

beautiful

>What is beautiful? Maybe 身体, but not 心. What is more important for you?

oh, of course both. do you believe in a 身体 without 心? or otherwise?  but 身体 is important, too. don't you think so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-16 15:44:59 |Display all floors

u guys r really boring~

it's oringinally a post of making friends .roshi just want to make some young friends. why u guys so silly talking sbout his description for all the time????

are u nuts??? silly~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-16 17:04:41 |Display all floors

interesting questions

@adreas
"When in Rome do as the Roman do" is referred to socially acceptable behaviour. Married man to have 'girlfriend' or mistress is not socially acceptable.

I was asked some of the questions you listed above by elder people. I thought they were just curious and caring. Sometimes I asked the same to them if I  cared to make friends with them. If I feel how much I earn is my privacy not to disclose, I'd just politely said it's my secret.

There's the cultural difference between Chinese and westerners on privacy. Chinese parents think they care about their children so they want to know what they are doing. This leaves them less privacy. I know some young westerners don't let their parents know much they earn. The same in China today. Care and privacy is not easy to balance even between couples raised from the same culture..

Andreas, I won't tell you to eat mooncake . When in Mid-autumn festival, don't do as the Chinese do if you don't like the sticky paste.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.